Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sparks...lets see em

162K views 466 replies 189 participants last post by  Dn_KiKe 
#1 ·
I know there are several guys on MTBR that have Sparks, so lets start a little gallery for our new forum. I'll start...
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork Bicycle wheel

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Yellow Spoke Bicycle accessory

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

More work planned when time/money is available. on the list are new front and rear derailleurs, 4 ti pedals, maybe a 08 sid if they offer and real advantages over the Reba. Plus I'm dying to try an rp23 on here. Anyone else do the conversion? Don't know what its gonna take to pull it off, probably some custom made spacers. Overall I'm very happy with the bike, it feels really solid.

See less See more
#155 ·
Here is my Spark, a 2011 Spark 40. Just a few upgrades, with a shorter 3T ARX Team stem, KCNC handlebar, Specialized grips and saddle, cut the seatpost down to 350mm, and the switch from the XT triple crankset, to the 1x10 setup running a 32t front ring. I also have a picture next to my Scott CR1 Road Bike. I love Scott bikes, and they are not as common to see as the other big names.

Attachments

#158 ·
I have a question to whom had experienced both new and old Spark frames.

I have a 2008 carbon Spark and love the bike. Quick, light, high quality frame.

Looking to the new model geometry, considering the seat tube angle, bike looks more "trail oriented" than the older "xc racer" model.

Is it true?

#159 ·
my new 29er RC

This is my new 29er 2012 spark RC

Cut the handle bar, 2cm at each side
Swaps: seatpost: KCNK Ti Pro 8000 350 mm, Saddle: Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon rails, grips: 40g KCNC foam, rear tire: Scwalbe racing Ralph 2.1
Total weight (size L, incl. sealant) = 10,620 frams

Attachments

#166 ·
Truthwalker, I have the Spark 70 because I got it at a price I couldn't say no too. All the components work great as is. I have no reason to upgrade until something breaks. The only thing you don't get on the 70 is Twin Lock. If you have the funds, go for that as it seems like a very nice feature, although, you can add it to the 70 (as I probably will do). Either way, you will get a remarkable bike that rides awesome!!!!! Welcome to the club, and post your picture when you get it!!!!!!

#168 ·
finklfam, I almost like that color combination better then mine......almost. Very nice looking bike. I hope to get a carbon Scott one day when I earn it with my improved riding abilities. Maybe it will be the new 650b???? Hopefully they put those on a Spark.......still one of the nicest looking bikes on the market.

#179 ·
to answer your first question... it's in my living room distracting me form my constitutional law homework lol, i can't stop just popping out to take a peek at it.

to answer your second question, maybe some day i'll get out to santos but i'm pretty far south. luckily there are several trails close to me. the three closest are markham park (5 min from my house), Amelia Earhart, and Oleta River Park. then a bit farther south is Virginia Key and farther north is Quiet waters.

i've heard great things about santos and alafia so i'll have to make it out to those on my next break from school!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.