Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    i've only ridden the new bike for a week. it was a really good week though. i should start by saying that the reba wc has probably been my favorite fork. i haven't had one problem with it. having said that, the sid's better. it's feels smoother and stiffer. actually, the stiffness really suprised me. i did have a issue with air leaking out over night. i stopped by the sram tent at the sea otter. they went through it and couldn't find anything glaring. replaced a couple parts and put it all back together for me. they're tech guys are definitely helpful. the bike's still in transit back from CA, so i can't tell you if they fixed it. assuming that they did, i'll definitely have a new favorite fork. the new pushloc is super nice too.

mtbr member
    I've definately been eyeballing one of those forks, and everyone riding them seems to be impressed with it. Did you get the team or race model. I'm wondering if the team is worth the extra money or not. My heart really is telling me to get an RP23 first as I think it will make the biggest difference to the bike, so the SID may have to wait as much as I hate to say it. What level do you race at? You must be pretty serious if you're flying around for events.

mtbr member
    i would definitely not call me serious. i race expert.

i got the team model. i was also debating which model to get...mostly because the race was available first. i can't tell you if it's worth the extra as i have never ridden the race.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cranked, thanks for the information. I have found out that I can get the Spark 10 frame in small so I will probably go for this. My plan at the moment is to use full xtr with Marta SL brakes and a Durin fork. Your photos have been a great help to me.

Barnett Certified
    I don't have any good pics of my spark standing still.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hi BMX Spears nice photos. What size is your frame?

GT Dirt Coalition
    Cranked, what did you do with your trac.loc?

I'm having an issue with mine, and it appears you have some sort of knob down there?

mtbr member
    Sounds really good bighead, and glad that I was able to help a bit. Spec sounds rock solid and I look forward to seeing the finished product and hearing your thoughts on the bike.

mtbr member
    Hi Jim, I did ditch the trac-lock system because the lockout failed after a few rides and I got annoyed constantly looking down to see what setting I was in. Was kind of getting in the way of enjoying the ride. The long piece you see is actually the cable housing that is built into the shock. There is no aftermarket hand operated lockout that I know of. I think it would be very complicated to do with the way this shock functions technically.

Barnett Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead
    Hi BMX Spears nice photos. What size is your frame?
    Medium

GT Dirt Coalition
    Here is mine in action, 07 Sparkie 20.

(BMXSpears, this is at Reimers Ranch, where were your's shot at, Warda?)

Barnett Certified
    First one is also Reimer's and the second was at Bar H.

French Yťtifan

Fired Up, Here We Go
    Nice rig Ben575!

How does the new DT XMC feel?
    Australian Defence Cycling Club - Team ARMY

mtbr member
    Wow Ben thats just gorgeous! I can't believe the amount of thought and detail you put into this bike. Its wonderful. any idea what she weighs?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Wow! thatís the 3rd 08 top of the range bike youíve got, Iím going to have to award you the rider with too much money award, great bike!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've posted before in this thread, but I've just got some new parts (saddle, disc, ceramic pulley and painted the fork) The fork repaint saved 24 gr!
    The red color is a little bright because of the evening light in my garden!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Build problem

Hi there
    I am just about to finish a bike build; based on a used Scott Spark 20 frame I bought.
    When I ride it, I get a knocking sound from the lower link. I suspect this to be because of some missing bearing-shell between the frame and rear arm.
    I have not seen any other Scott Spark to compare with, so I am not sure that the parts missing.

I send some picture to explain what I suspect missing on the bike (With a poorly mobile phone).

Shall there be bearing-shell on the lower link, between frame and rear? Or is there any other reason for the bolt play?

I will be very happy for some suggestions.
    Aksel
    Norway
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    here is my spark 20 that i changed to SRAM

and the sparks faster and lighter sister

mtbr member
    Very Sweet Merkyworks..love the matching roadie as well. A really nice solid pair of bikes you have to choose from there. How do you like the Sram Red gear?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I really like Red, i was never a fan of shimano though. the Red shifts great and has a positive engagement that i like to feel in my shifts, then the double tap is just fun to use.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Its big brother,.. woops wrong forum

[IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    nice Sparks guys and nice Haski Fast1, looks like everyone's happy with thier DT Swiss shocks, didn't notice anyone with FOX RP23.

mtbr member
    The rear shock is the only thing I'm not to happy with personally. I'm really hoping to make the switch to Fox before the end of the year. I have seen a couple others who have done it and been very happy. Some people love the stock DT and others not so much. I depends on what appeals to you, I want full travel all the time with no need to fuss with the lever and no bobbing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I think the DT Swiss shock is fantastic with the ability to select your setting.

I can pound pavement and hills with it locked, ride most terrain at 70% travel and hit the big rocks or downhills on full travel.

The benefit of the different modes is that you get different handling characteritics from 70% to full travel mode.

If you don't like the differnet modes just leave it in full travel and adjust the rebound setting along with the air pressure to your ability, terrain and ride style.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast