Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Smile

Recently I purchased this beauty as second hand, as you can see I'm one of those who still loves 26". I was looking for something more polivalent, coming from a Merida rigid. Well, actually I just kept frame and fork (until I have money to go for a complete fox suspension). Everything else have been removed and replaced with higher components to my needs. Love B&W bikes.

mtbr member
    Well I rode the Spark 900 SL to a 27th place finish in Tour Divide. It rained and snowed the first 6 days straight. Bike parts failed left and right after that.
    It handled the brutal 2735 mile beatdown well. I needed a set of pulleys, front brake pads and new tires. Chain about to be replaced as I am going 1x10 with a E13 42t conversion cog in a few days and a new 1070 Sram cassette and x.7 10 speed shifter

I saw other bikes break in the race. A '14 Sworks Epic in only 8 days. The Spark feels new after light cleaning. No pivot maintenance it needed a little pivot tightening but thats about it. Shock still good lost some air each day maybe 5-10psi but never made funny noises and 3 positions all still work correctly. Fox Fork is still butter smooth and lost zero air. I rode locked out a lot but no damage to anything. Wheels are solid and still dead true (Syncros XR1.0). DtSwiss 240 hubs held even after riding through high water on day 2 extensively. Wheelset is sick really makes one a better rider.

The Spark 900SL with Nude shock is an amazing bike. It climbs like a hardtail, has many settings if you dont hook up fork to twin loc (9 vs. 3) and really goes so fast downhill I got into trouble a few times. I almost felt bad (trying to) destroy it in TD. But it acts like I did nothing to it.

Scott also went the extra mile to get me the frame, wheels and cockpit before TD. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Bravo for that Spark! Congrats!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est View Post
    Well I rode the Spark 900 SL to a 27th place finish in Tour Divide. It rained and snowed the first 6 days straight. Bike parts failed left and right after that.
    It handled the brutal 2735 mile beatdown well. I needed a set of pulleys, front brake pads and new tires. Chain about to be replaced as I am going 1x10 with a E13 42t conversion cog in a few days and a new 1070 Sram cassette and x.7 10 speed shifter

I saw other bikes break in the race. A '14 Sworks Epic in only 8 days. The Spark feels new after light cleaning. No pivot maintenance it needed a little pivot tightening but thats about it. Shock still good lost some air each day maybe 5-10psi but never made funny noises and 3 positions all still work correctly. Fox Fork is still butter smooth and lost zero air. I rode locked out a lot but no damage to anything. Wheels are solid and still dead true (Syncros XR1.0). DtSwiss 240 hubs held even after riding through high water on day 2 extensively. Wheelset is sick really makes one a better rider.

The Spark 900SL with Nude shock is an amazing bike. It climbs like a hardtail, has many settings if you dont hook up fork to twin loc (9 vs. 3) and really goes so fast downhill I got into trouble a few times. I almost felt bad (trying to) destroy it in TD. But it acts like I did nothing to it.

Scott also went the extra mile to get me the frame, wheels and cockpit before TD. Thanks.
    Do you have a blog or something showing a report/setup/pics?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quax View Post
    I know this is an older post but I'm on the hunt for a new bike for my wife, too. Since she owns an older Spark already the newer model is a hot candidate. Unfortunately, nowhere to test ride anywhere near.

Is this Spark size S ? How tall is your wife?
    What is the largest bottle that fits the frame?
    Is this a 910? And is this already the Fox Nude, I can't really make it out on the picture.

Thanks!
    It's a medium and she is 5'9". Great fit for her and she rips on this thing. Big improvement over her old Blur XC alloy. It will fit any bottle, but the larger ones have some interference with the shock controls on entry. Yes, it's a 910, with a Fox Nude.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com

Old Fart Swamper

Cool-blue Rhythm Ride It like you stole it !

I don't polish it I wash it now and then and yeah that's puke juice on the top tube.
    It was a great ride :P

Sparks...lets see em-dirty-good.jpg
    Scott Spark 760
    I no longer clip In,
    got a better seat, and a dropper post.
    Other than It's Bone stock.
    It Just works :P

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    2013 Spark 940 - bought late in 2013 on clearance, saved a TON of cash
    Stans Arch EX - tubeless
    Race Face Narrow wide 1x10 conversion
    Race Face Next Carbon bars
    ESI Grips
    Thomson seatpost
    Specialized seat
    Rocket Ron out front, Spec Fast Track out back
    Seriously considering a rear shock upgrade. Otherwise love this bike.

Here she is on the Peaks Trail between Breckenridge and Frisco CO
    Sparks...lets see em-peaks-trail-scott-small.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    I don't polish it I wash it now and then and yeah that's puke juice on the top tube.
    It was a great ride :P

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dirty Is Good.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	940958
    How's that X-Fusion O2 ride?
    2012 Scott Spark 29 Team
    2013 Scott Scale 970
    2011 Scott Speedster S20
    1999 Specialized FSR Comp

mtbr member
    Just bought this 730 and I have only had a few rides on it but I love it already. I thought my old Kona hardtail climbed well but this is even better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sparks...lets see em-20141207_200749.jpg  

Sparks...lets see em-20141207_195705.jpg  

Sparks...lets see em-20141207_195657.jpg  

Sparks...lets see em-20141207_195650.jpg  

Your never too old to have a happy childhood!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nice! I moss riding mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    2012 Scott Spark 29 Team
    2013 Scott Scale 970
    2011 Scott Speedster S20
    1999 Specialized FSR Comp

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14