Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RIC3BOY View Post
    Its just some filter I used on my camera phone (Instagram). Notice how the blurriness happens to clear up right where you see the bike? I'm not sure how I could blow my nose with a camera lens either.

OEM shock, Scott Nude.
    I'm just razzin' you. I figured it was an instagram filter. The transition between the focused and blurred areas is kind of crude, but instagram is free... I'd bet the original pic is pretty cool though. And the bike looks nice. I didn't know the Nudes had the remote reservoir. What year?
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I figured, I always get razzed for owning a Scott

The picture was meant for a smart phone, so when viewed on a smaller screen you can't see the blur cut offs, its a lot smoother. Thanks for the compliments.

Its a 2010, came with the frame. Its a great shock, no problems (knocks on wood), but I seldom use the traction/lockout feature, always in full-open.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    One question guys, is it possible to use a Rockshox Sid XX World Cup 29er 2013 with the Twinloc System ? Because this suspension fork uses the Oil Xloc Remote Lockout, and the Twinloc uses the mechanical lockout system. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    You can use it Twinlock for damper and Oil Xloc Remote Lockout for fork
    More serious in my opinio it is impossibile becaue I haven't heard about any converter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    thank you czarli !
    Last edited by eimart; 11-27-2012 at 10:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Great pics! I have a 2009 Spark 60. Mostly stock. I did install an Adamo Peak saddle. I also swapped the handlebars to another one which I have cut shorter than the stock handlebars. And some contoured grips. Oh and I think I have cyclocross tires on there at the moment. I will post some pictures when I can.

mtbr member
    I saw on the some of the more expensive models, they have a remote switch to lock out the shocks...is this something that can be easily (cheaply) added?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Bought in Jan. 2012, 2011 Spark 50. Great deal from my LBS

I'll post pics once I hit 10 posts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Home from the hospital...

Just picked up my Spark 930 yesterday. I have a set of 15mm/12mm thru axle Havens ready to go on, swapping over my XT brakes, Easton EC70 handlebar, and upgrading to XX cranks. The 930 seemed like the best bang for the buck with the upgrades I have ready to swap over plus I bought from REI and had it shipped to Oregon...no sales tax, REI gift card, and $380 rebate coming in March! Cannot pass up that deal!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sparks...lets see em-spark930.jpg  

mtbr member
    sumgai, very nice ride!!!! Did you ever consider the 27.5" wheeled bike? I rode one over the holidays and think I might have to have one next year!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I considered a 650b but went with the 29er for a couple of reasons. My 6'-2.5" body fits the 29er better and I race XC so the 29" wheels are well-suited for the job. I can say for sure that I will grab a 650b if I ever get a bike for all around riding, but nothing eats the trails at speed like a 29er. I will never return to a 26er. That's for sure!

mtbr member
    Here's mine Scott Spark 29 Pro (2012)
    Outfitted with XX1 and Enve parts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I just got new Spark 910, here are some pics, sorry for bad quality i took them with my phone.
    First impression is awesome, geometry, stability, its fast, brakes are great, more to come.
    I will upgrade my bike a bit, new grips, maybe Ritchey wcs handlebar and seatpost.
    I took treking pedals with spd and flat, since i ride with mtb and normal shoes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sparks...lets see em-ss-1611.jpg  

Sparks...lets see em-ss-1625.jpg  

Sparks...lets see em-ss-1627.jpg  

Sparks...lets see em-ss-1620.jpg  

Sparks...lets see em-ss-1614.jpg  

mtbr member
    WickedDJ, with those additions you made to that gorgeous bike, how much does it weigh now?

mtbr member
    Woodraider, and the rest of you Spark fans, with all these images and my last test ride on a new 27.5 inch, I may need to get a new bike!!!!!!! Love that Scott styling!!!!!......and the ride is awesome too.
    Last edited by iamspartacus; 01-11-2013 at 06:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    WickedDJ, with those additions you made to that gorgeous bike, how much does it weigh now?
    Thanks. It's 23.6 Lbs now (10.72 kg)

mtbr member
    Nice build. Looks familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked DJ View Post
    Here's mine Scott Spark 29 Pro (2012)
    Outfitted with XX1 and Enve parts.

Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    Built from the frame up.

22.1 lb
    SID WC Fork (hydro lockout, replaced twinloc lever with old trackloc for rear shock)
    XX1 Drivetrain
    XTR Trail Brakes (w/ M980 pads)
    DT240 hubs, ENVE hoops.
    ENVE Bar, Stem, Post.
    29x2.4" Schwalbe's for 12 PSI snow riding.

I've got about 1,000 miles on it so far. I actually prefer the handling of my Scale, but this is the fastest XC race bike I've used for most of the courses I race.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sparks...lets see em-dsc_0890.jpg  

Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    A lot of nice looking Spark builds. I will agree, though, that the Scale is a nice bike too, but nothing beats a Spark. I think the better arguement for the masses here is......will your next Spark be a 26, 27.5 or 29 inch version???? I will start by saying that a 27.5" version will be mine one day!!!!!! Happy Trails Scott fans!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    ripped the hanger and totally destroyed my rear mech yesterday, so after getting sick of the 3x front end i've bitten the bullet and she is in getting some xx1 love now...

...back a page or so i mentioned i was on wheel upgrade path, ended up getting hope hubs, some random Ti spokes... and stans rims built up ~1350g for the pair without tape. was an excellent upgrade... sadly i'll have to go back to the stock wheels once the xx1 is on there until hope have their freehub body for xx1 ready to order.

can't wait to see how the xx1 goes...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Here's my '12 Elite. Stock, except the American Racing Tubeless wheels and the Shimano M-520 pedals. I'm loving this bike.

Sparks...lets see em-casa-4.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz-Scott View Post
    ripped the hanger and totally destroyed my rear mech yesterday, so after getting sick of the 3x front end i've bitten the bullet and she is in getting some xx1 love now...

...back a page or so i mentioned i was on wheel upgrade path, ended up getting hope hubs, some random Ti spokes... and stans rims built up ~1350g for the pair without tape. was an excellent upgrade... sadly i'll have to go back to the stock wheels once the xx1 is on there until hope have their freehub body for xx1 ready to order.

can't wait to see how the xx1 goes...
    It will be availbale very soon.
    Hope XD Driver For Sram XX1 > H > Hope Technology | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    I just put a Hope hub on my new front wheel to accept the 15mm front axle of my new Fox Float 32. Awesome hub, fork on an awesome bike!!!! Rode the 27.5 Genius (which now looks just like a Spark) and am torn if I want a new bike!!! The wheel size feels great!!!......and its a Scott........and its looks like a Spark!!!!! Maybe I should go get it........

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

2011 Spark

Here is my 2011 with a few upgrades:

-Rockshox RT3 Shock
    -Mavic SL Wheels
    -XT Brakes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sparks...lets see em-img_0678.jpg  

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast