mtbr member

Spark Expert 29 Shock bushing FAIL.

A riding buddy has a 2012 Spark Expert 29 that is less then 3 months old. The rear shock bushing, the spherical crap that comes with the DT Swiss shock, basically allows the shock to slide off to one side or the other. He has ordered a new bushing but is wondering if you can use a standard rock shox or fox busing instead. He had a Genius that had the same spherical bushing fail several times on the pull shock and he is looking for something much more reliable. What size reducer is needed? I know its an M6 bolt and read that the 26" Spark uses a 22.2mm reducer but am wondering if the DT Swiss shock has standard size eyelets?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It should be covered by warranty.

I just had my shock that was leaking air replaced on my 12 Spark.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Having used shocks with DU bushes and various DT shocks with the spherical bearings, I can actually say that those spherical bearings are actually very reliable, in the main.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    of all the Scott bikes we've sold, I've only seen 1 sphereical bearing fail, this was due to the rider leaving the bike in lockout.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Puma king,have you had anyone replace the shock with a fox shock?

mtbr member

I suspect he did just that

Quote Originally Posted by pumaking View Post
    of all the Scott bikes we've sold, I've only seen 1 sphereical bearing fail, this was due to the rider leaving the bike in lockout.
    But the bushing should stay together regardless, if you cant ride the bike with the lockout on, what's the point of having it? I cant find a replacement bushing anywhere, do you know if a standard 15mm shock bushing will work, or possibly an Enduro needle bearing setup?