mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Spark 29 Pro rear shock squeaks in traction mode?

My spark 29 pro seems to squeak sometimes when it is in traction mode. Only the rear DT Swiss nude 2 shock. Any ideas what can be causing this?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    What kind of squeak is it? Also make sure you have the cable tension adjusted properly. If I remember correctly sometimes when the traction mode isn't spot on, it makes a squeak noise because of the oil getting past the seals. So check to make sure its properly tensioned via barrel adjuster.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    You're most likely right about the cable tension. The squeak on the other had sounds like air, not bearings or poorly ouiled parts. What kind of tension should be on the cable.. just snug?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    To anyone else with this problem, the twisting part that the cable is attached to has marker lines for where it should be in traction mode. as long as it is between the lines, it should not squeak. Thanks for the help pumaking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Did the noise go away?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Believe so, havent taken it on the trails again yet but from sitting on it and testing it, the noise seems to be gone. I also purposely made the squeak come back again but did not hear it as loud. Note that there is a different sound when the barrel is not adjusted right. Most likely fixed the problem!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am having the same issue with my spark pro. I will try this when I get home. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The cable was out of adjustment, and this was indeed the fix!

Thank you very much!