mtbr member

Should I sell my Scale 910 as frame only?

Planning on selling my Scott Scale Expert 29er. The frame is being warrantied and am expecting a brand new 910 frame next week. Due to the time it took to warranty it, I have since moved on to a new bike. Wondering if I should try to sell it as a frame and parts or rebuild it and sell it as a whole?
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    selling as pieces likely will give you the most bucks, but the patience and frustration of selling pieces is too big a Bang for me. I'd sell it as a complete and be done.

mtbr member
    What size is the frame?

mtbr member
    It's a medium frame.
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog

mtbr member
    If you get a chance, PM with the price. Thanks!

mtbr member
    So I decided to sell it as a whole bike, just makes life easier... Sorry for the spam but if anyone is interested, it is item number 271080953470 on ebay...

My bike/ race Blog

mtbr member
    The bike didn't sell at 2100, which btw sells for 3300 new. So now I am listing it at 1900, which INCLUDES the $100 shipping! If you are interested: click here.

My bike/ race Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Frameset or complete build?

Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    selling as pieces likely will give you the most bucks, but the patience and frustration of selling pieces is too big a Bang for me. I'd sell it as a complete and be done.
    Yes, what he said!

If you need the extra cash and have them time and patience, then part it out. Otherwise, sell it as a complete bike and get on with it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Time is money

Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    Well said