Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Scott Voltage FR

Wicked looking new bike buckoW - no wonder u have been so busy! getting some good press here in the uk - look perfect for the bike park and big hit slope style!

Cant wait to get my hands on one for a spin!

What are the travel ranges? God it looks good with a dual crown!

Last edited by Karve; 07-30-2009 at 09:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    im very intersted to find more information about this bike but from what ive heard it soulds like with a 9.5x3 shock it has either 160 or 180 millimeters of tavel and with a 8.75x2.75 shock it has something like 150 or 170 and with an 8.5x2.5 shock it has 140 or 150 mm of travel. http://vimeo.com/5407799 i found this video too

mtbr member
    not sure if you have watched this yet so here ya go

mtbr member
    Hey Guys,

Yeah, I have been very busy lately building trails and testing bikes.
    here are a couple pics of my bikes with different setups.

A couple action shots

and some bike pics

and these bikes were geometry testing team only versions that helped us fine tune the geometry for different fork heights.

I will get back here to better explain some of the setup options later but for now I gotta run.
    Last edited by buckoW; 08-10-2009 at 05:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Looks like I have another ride to buy

This is The Money shot

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    http://scottusa.com/us_en/product/82.../voltage_fr_10
    heres more information about these bikes

mtbr member
    Cool - Aari running a voltage at this years worlds

http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/v...t-1235658.html

mtbr member
    me want. that thing would be awesome with a totem on it

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    a pitty that it only offers 180mm, because its much more beautiful than the gambler....

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I dont really get it, The Scott Voltage FR has travel options from 135mm - 180mm, you will have to use different shocks?

Are the travel options based on the eye to eye of the shock? means, I don't really have a versatile bike.

mtbr member
    Short shock 130 - 150 - to go head to head with the Intense SS
    Long Shock 160 - 180 more of a DH FR rig

Using the same shock to travel adjust more than an 30mm or so doesnt really work and there arent many bikes that offer that range of adjustment.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Karve, True. Not many bikes offer this kind of range on their travel. Actually I can't even name any.

Anyone have any idea if this bike pedals well? Say well enought to take ono 10-15 miles of mixed terrain? Can it be converted into an all-mountain ride feel?

Sorry if this sounds stupid.

mtbr member
    i don't see any drawbacks to this bike. i bet in the 135 mode the bike would pedal very well with minimal bob being it can be set up for urban riding

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver
    i don't see any drawbacks to this bike. i bet in the 135 mode the bike would pedal very well with minimal bob being it can be set up for urban riding

I agree. I don't see any draw back to this bike. But it just seems too good to be true. Am thinking of giving up my nomad 08' for this bike. But seeing that I had only owned the Nomad for a year and I'll lose a good part of money on the resale, am thinking twice. But another drawback is that I won't get to test the Voltage FR before ordering it in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayng
    I agree. I don't see any draw back to this bike. But it just seems too good to be true. Am thinking of giving up my nomad 08' for this bike. But seeing that I had only owned the Nomad for a year and I'll lose a good part of money on the resale, am thinking twice. But another drawback is that I won't get to test the Voltage FR before ordering it in.
    Check out the geo - im not sure its going to be much of a pedaler? More of a down and over jumps bike - certainly a different product to the Nomad.

fan of maple syrup
    Quote Originally Posted by jayng
    Am thinking of giving up my nomad 08' for this bike
    The Ransom is Scott's equivalent to the Nomad. Pretty sure if you search through this Scott forum you'll find some picks of Buckow hitting some of the same air in the above shots but on an alloy Ransom.

But I guess if you want more of a freeride bike this Voltage will suit you better. But I agree with Karve - don't know if it will satisfy your All Mountain needs. A bike designed for SS & FR wouldn't have uphill pedalling efficiency high on it's list of priorities.

mtbr member
    nuclear powered is correct

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    nuclear_powered. Thanks. Just looks too awesome to pass, but maybe it will have to wait till my skill is on par with the bike.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Looks like a ridiculously versatile little bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Gonna be a long winter, Just ordered the FR10

mtbr member
    pimp dude

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I haven't been able to get to my local Scott dealer yet so does anyone know what the optional dropouts and shock brackets will go for on the Voltage FR's? I doubt that all the different options are included with the bikes, but that would be great. Also what are the eye to eye lengths on the stock shocks on the three different models? I can't find this info on Scotts website. The bike looks sick and might just be the perfect bike for me. I have a Boxxer WC that I could throw on for DH at Whiteface and go with the stock Domain when I ride slopestyle and jumps at Diablo! I wasn't even considering a Scott until I caught this thread yesterday. Now I want one bad!

dontcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by ragman
    I haven't been able to get to my local Scott dealer yet so does anyone know what the optional dropouts and shock brackets will go for on the Voltage FR's? I doubt that all the different options are included with the bikes, but that would be great. Also what are the eye to eye lengths on the stock shocks on the three different models? I can't find this info on Scotts website. The bike looks sick and might just be the perfect bike for me. I have a Boxxer WC that I could throw on for DH at Whiteface and go with the stock Domain when I ride slopestyle and jumps at Diablo! I wasn't even considering a Scott until I caught this thread yesterday. Now I want one bad!
    I believe the frameset is the only 1 that comes w/all the different shock mounts.. completes don't.. not sure on the pricing, but here's the shock lengths..

FR10/FR20: 9.5 x 3.0
    FR30: 8.75 x 2.75
    Frame Only: 8.5 x 2.5
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    The FR10 should come with all 3 dropouts.

There are aftermarket dropout kits and shock mount kits. You get all 3 shock mounts in one pack.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the info. I'll make it to my local Scott dealer this week to find out more. Need to sell my XC bike before bringing another bike home or the wife will go nuts. Only rode the XC 3 times this year so I think it should go. Kyle Ebbett just built a dirt jump park 2 miles from my house in Wilmington, N.Y. so the XC bike will get even less use if thats possible. Time to put biking on hold and get set for snowboarding at Whiteface

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast