mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Scott Spark SL 2012 - Fork Bad issue (Distributor not Responsible)

Hi,

I speak on behalf of my friends who sit next to me while I type and in which I was suggested him to buy this model because of top of the line model from Scott.
    Bough the bike 1 month ago at USD 9,500.

I need some pointer here and help as we are frustrated already with the level of service that we received from our local Scott Distributor in Indonesia.

The bike just been used once and out of sudden the Fork - SID WorldCup, was just compressed and stuck at almost their end of travel. take to the distributor who sold this bike and according to them negative air chamber is overair. They has remove the air abit and the shock back to their normal travel condition.

Bring back home, leave it overnight and net day it happened again.

Bring it back again to the shop and they blame Rockshox on this. We said we dont care, we need them to replace the fork as it is certainly a defect product. We bough a full bike from Scott and I believe it is Scott responsibility to warrant those product that their sold is free from defect.

If I bough a car from BMW then the suspension got problem and eventually we know the suspension not made by BMW but we still goes to BMW for a warranty. I believe the analogy is the same here.

Appreciate any advise here what we should we do about this, it is really frustrating we have spend close to $10k for a bike which at the end we got crap quality of materials all over.

Anyone from Scott can address this. please.

Many thanks

Picture attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scott Spark SL 2012 - Fork Bad issue (Distributor not Responsible)-sepeda-spark-defi-2.jpg  

Scott Spark SL 2012 - Fork Bad issue (Distributor not Responsible)-sepeda-spark-defi.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Scott is not responsible for the parts on the bicycle. Scott is only responsible for the items PRODUCED by SCOTT.

This is a Rockshox/Sram warranty claim. It has to go through them.

The BMW analogy is not the same. BMW designs the components and although outsources it, it's there design so they back it up. Also a car warranty is different. You can not purchase the parts outside of the BMW dealership. In a bicycle case, you can go to any other dealer and purchase the part. So in the BMW case, if you went to Mercedes and Honda, will you get the same piece for your BMW? No absolutely not.

In Scott's case, you can go to any dealer and ask for that fork, thus the warranty lies on Rockshox/Sram's hand. However things like proprietary systems such as like the brain from Specialized, the bike brand warranties that, because it's proprietary and cannot be purchased outside of a specialized dealer.

As for crap materials, **** happens man. Sram is going to take care of you as long as you follow proper procedure. This happens on Fox's, Rockshox, Marzocchi, etc etc. like I said, **** happens. As long as you're taken care of you'll be fine.