mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Scott Spark RC Jr 24

Hey Scott homers....

Does anyone know why Scott will no longer be offering the Spark and Scale RC JR series? These are great high end Jr bikes and I was ready to pull the trigger on one this past week for my son (9) who is tearing up the trails on a 20" Giant. The Spark RC Jr 24 is still listed on the web-site as a 2010 model but I have been told that they are sold out and are being discontinued. This is terrible news! There is a Scott Spark Jr 24 still in production but the components are no where near the Spark RC Jr level ($1200 - $600 price diff).... Does anyone know if there are any of these Spark RC Jr 24's lying around some shop somewhere?...I really don't want to get the step down version... This Spark RC Jr 24 was the best REAL kids mountain bike out there for the 9 - 12 year age group.... uggghhh!!

Any help out there?

thanks,

Mike
    ----

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    My guess is that they are just not big sellers. I went through the same hassle trying to get a Scale Jr 20 in Canada for my 6 year old son. The Canadian distributor was the one who stopped bringing in the higher end kids bikes. I ended up ordering him the Scale from Evans Cycles in the UK which worked out great. Shipping was around 80, the bike was well packed, and came with some nice extras, like a quality pedal wrench. Evans lists both the Scale and Spark RC's:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec020645

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec020642

Good luck with your search, and don't give up, a quality bike makes all the difference! Me and my son were out riding around the town park last night, it was cold and windy, and after around 10km I was ready to go home. I asked him, "do you want to go home, or ride more?" The reply, "let's ride some more!"

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Are you sure they are stopping production? I have a friend in the bike industry and he has a catalogue that has the 2011 rc models listed.