mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Scott Scale 730 Carbon issue?

Hey guys I just bought my Scott Scale 730 yesterday and Im extremely picky when it comes to scratches or blemishes. I gave it an extremely thorough look over when I bought it and couldn't find anything wrong but once i bought it and looked at it in the sun on the swing arm there appears to be a superficial line that I can't even really get a pic of to put it up here you can just barely see it and barely feel it. This is my first carbon bike and I read carbon is put on by hand so it might not be perfect but want to make sure it is okay before I used it tomorrow. Thanks.

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by chippedgti View Post
    Hey guys I just bought my Scott Scale 730 yesterday and Im extremely picky when it comes to scratches or blemishes. I gave it an extremely thorough look over when I bought it and couldn't find anything wrong but once i bought it and looked at it in the sun on the swing arm there appears to be a superficial line that I can't even really get a pic of to put it up here you can just barely see it and barely feel it. This is my first carbon bike and I read carbon is put on by hand so it might not be perfect but want to make sure it is okay before I used it tomorrow. Thanks.
    It's almost certain just the end of a layer of carbon. My ENVE carbon wheels look like that, too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Scott Scale 730 Carbon issue?

With out seeing it. I would agree with above. That it is more than like the end of a carbon layer. Think of it like two sheets of paper slightly overlapping. But by all means get somebody knowledgeable with carbon to have look in person if you need more reassurance.