Wil109

Scott Scale 60 - Any Advice...?

Hi there,

I'm looking at getting a 2010 Scott Scale 60 for riding an XC route to my work and back a couple days of the week, about 30 mile round trip. Also would probably use it the odd weekend for trails (tho normally I would be on my Freeride rig).

Anyone out there got one of these hardtails? Any comments on it?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks

Wil
    [SIZE=1]I love my bike and my bike loves me[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    got my 2010 scale 50 a month ago. =) it's light and is a really good climber as the geometry puts your weight so forward.

I have a mix feeling about it so far as I find it not very 'fun' on rocky / technical terrain due to its aggressive geometry.

guess what bothers me the most is that I have read reviews saying the frame is not the strongest (that's why it's so light) but nothing has broken on my bike yet. I only do aggressive (sort of) XC.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have a 2009 Scale 50 which I think is an okay bike for the money. Nice and light for that price point.

Hadnt ever ridden a Scott before but I am more likely to replace it with another Scale (or maybe a TRek Fuel...)

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I don't have a 60 but I do have a 50 albeit a few years old. The frames are the same just different parts. I wouldn't call either a racing bike based on their parts such as the fork and the drivetrain but they do have a racing type geometry. I find that the bike is at its' best when it is being ridden aggressively. Will your ride to work be slow to midpaced and leisurely or will you tear it up all the way there? If you want a bit more leisurely, relaxed ride then the Scale may not be for you. I love mine. It climbs well.
    build a man a fire keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire keep him warm for the rest of his life.