mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Scott Premium MTB Shoe 2013 or 2014

I am looking for an MTB shoe with the BOA lace system. Can anyone tell me about Scott's high end carbon sole shoes with Boa system? They are a little hard to find for size as I am also looking at either these shoes or the s-works. Thank you

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Scott's high end shoes are as good as anyone else's out there. The carbon soul on the premium is the HMX used in the highest end mtn/ road frames. Not good for cyclocross. The Team issue shoes are stiff, but not as much so as the premium. Def a better choice if you dismount more. Specialized's head shoe guy jumped ship and has been designing the Scott shoes for 5 years. Same last's as Big S. Sizing is on the large size. Size down (if you need a 43 try a 41.5). Def recommend any of the shoes. No issues with the Boa. If you do the warranty will hook you up...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Great to know! They are tough to find as shops that carry their bikes may not necessarily carry the full lineup of shoes. That is what I have found to be in AZ. I really want the BOA system but wanted to try other options besides Spesh. May have to order a few for size. Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Scott shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverbike View Post
    Great to know! They are tough to find as shops that carry their bikes may not necessarily carry the full lineup of shoes. That is what I have found to be in AZ. I really want the BOA system but wanted to try other options besides Spesh. May have to order a few for size. Thanks for your help.
    Not sure where you are of if you tried Industry Bikes in chandler has a few Scott mtn bike shoes some with the boa

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by markaz View Post
    Not sure where you are of if you tried Industry Bikes in chandler has a few Scott mtn bike shoes some with the boa

Thank you! I'll check them out