mtbr member
    Feb 2014

New question here. Scott Genius 60 twinloc doesn't lock correctly.

Hi,

my newly purchased used Scott Genius has a Twinloc system that I loved when I rode a rented one in the Canary Islands a few years ago.

The trouble with it is that with the lever in the middle position,when it should lock the rear suspension, it locks neither and only in the second position does it lock both. If I tighten up the rear suspension locker cable so it locks in the lever's middle position, the lever doesn't stay in place in the third (front & rear lock) position but snaps back to the middle position again.

I was thinking this is an issue with maybe greasing the rear locker system on the rear suspension, or do I change the cable?

Best Regards,
    Adam

PS this is my first forum post. My name is Adam and I am a mountainbiker from & living in Sweden DSScott Genius 60 twinloc doesn't lock correctly.-filename%3Ddsc00949.jpg

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    The middle 'Traction' position is not supposed to be a lock out, but rather a Propedal type feeling. If you get the cable tension too high, you will not be able to get the Twin Loc to 'click' into the third, real lock out position.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Hope

Hi, yes I read the mail (not in English) from the guy who sold the bike to the previous owner a second and third time and I finally realised that's what he meant, that the middle position is only to make the rear suspension stiffer, not stiff.

I erroneously thought that was a misadjustment, but it was actually feature.

So I misremembered the behaviour of that Scott Genius 50 bike I rented on Tenerife some years ago.

Thanks!