mtbr member

Scott Genius 2013 with a 2014 Fox Float CTD with twinloc

I've sent emails to Scott, tweeted Scott, asked on facebook. With no ANSWER, Cheers Scott.
    Why is not possible to get the 2014 Fox float ctd shock on the
    older 2013 Genius to use with the twinloc. It seem a very straight swap out, The twinloc even as the marking for a fox shock!!!!
    Any one shed any light on this please. Or could I get a Fox service
    centre to sort this out???

Plus i'm in the Uk

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    You should ask fox MTBService@ridefox.com i wanted to swap my fork ctd lever from remote to manual since i swap to a rear fox ctd and want to get the twinlock out..... they helped me I think they could also tell you if its possible

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I am sorry Scott hasn't gotten back to you regarding this. The answer I have been given (and normally I check these things myself for validity) is that the eyelet measurement is not the same from DT Swiss to the Fox.
    If you have a shop that deals Scott have them measure out the eyelet width and over all length and see if they can get in touch with Fox for the measurements to see if they can make it work for you. With that being said if your shop does "make it happen" then the warranty will be void.
    I hope this helps. Enjoy the ride....

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Really the warranty will be void if I swap to a fox ctd.
    I asked scott (never had anwers from them) and my lbs did not know.....

Well already made the swap the meassure are 200x57 with a 8x22mm hardware....but I still do t understand why this swap will void the frame warranty....

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by biggazu View Post
    I've sent emails to Scott, tweeted Scott, asked on facebook. With no ANSWER, Cheers Scott.
    Why is not possible to get the 2014 Fox float ctd shock on the
    older 2013 Genius to use with the twinloc. It seem a very straight swap out, The twinloc even as the marking for a fox shock!!!!
    Any one shed any light on this please. Or could I get a Fox service
    centre to sort this out???

Plus i'm in the Uk
    My guess is it's about money, Scott wants people to buy new '14 models instead of replacing their shocks on their '13 models. A retrograde kit for '13 models doesn't seem far fetched to me. Anyways others here have changed their shocks , just peruse the forums for the results. I'd like to swap mine out and some point but voiding the warranty isn't high on my list now.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I asked Mojo in the UK and they said I could swap to the Fox shock but would loose my lockout lever system at the bars. If I wanted I could change to the Fox system. The 14 forks are way different also with a new high volume air spring system. I have a 13 720. Forks are good but the rear shock is dead and squeaks like hell!

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Jsnap101 View Post
    I asked Mojo in the UK and they said I could swap to the Fox shock but would loose my lockout lever system at the bars. If I wanted I could change to the Fox system. The 14 forks are way different also with a new high volume air spring system. I have a 13 720. Forks are good but the rear shock is dead and squeaks like hell!
    Just bought a brand new Fox float CTD boost valve, Gonna give it a go and see how it feels. I will loose the twinloc, plus im not to bothered about the front fork being on the open setting. Its never been a problem before, when I used fox 36 vans. They just worked. So just bushing to source and mounting kit, then get out and ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    With the fork a called fox and got the manual ctd lever system just for $22

mtbr member
    Ok, I got a email from Scott.

Hi Gary,

Im unsure on other Fox shock models and fitting would be at your own risk to your frame/damage, the fox shocks on the 2014 Genius will not fit previous frames as the head of the shock is bigger and may come into contact with the underside of the frame in use (may seem fine if tested in the stand)

We do not recommend you fit the fox shock,

Rind regards

Gareth Clutton

Warranty & Aftersales Manager

SCOTT SPORTS SA (UK Branch)

Fox service centre in the UK Mojo, Said that the fox float ctd remote shock, Would work
    with the Scott Twinloc, the pull ratio is the same.

After this im still fitting a Fox float ctd factory boost valve shock. Did a trail centre last Sunday, I never used the twinloc and didn't like the fact I couldn't have my forks on the fully open setting, without having the shock fully opened as well.
    So make your own mind up on this info.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    It suck we have to decide "riding a warranty frame with bad no plush shock" or "forget the warranty but get a awesome performance bike"

Since I swap to Fox shock its a total different bike and now that I dont have a warranty frame Im thinking of painting it yellow or green...cant decide.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Where you able to keep twinloc?