mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Scott in Dick's Sporting Goods

I was poking around the Scott website when I decided to check if there was a shop anywhere closer to me than the last time I checked a few years ago. To my surprise the two big box sporting goods store locations on my town, Dick's Sporting Goods, were listed as dealers. Has anyone seen a Scott on the floor there?
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

SLR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Not here in San Antonio TX

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    None in South FL

DaFaJa
    Not in Central FL
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

PHS
    Rider
    Sep 2009
    Maybe they carry smaller cheaper items like scott accessories or clothing etc. Doubt they would carry full higher end bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    This is my guess too. ***** would carry the Scott snow goggles for example. Note that Scott Bikes has market restrictions, so even for the larger chains, the bikes are not available at all stores.

For Example Scott is carried at REI, however they can only be purchased at about 50 locations out of the 120+ nationwide. As part of the agreement that REI has with Scott, bikes can ONLY be sent to those stores. The Specifics of this are outlined here: REI: Bike Brand Locator

As for *****, Scott isn't listed on their website as a bike brand they carry.