Thread: Scott Aspect 55

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Scott Aspect 55

Hello,

I am in the market for my first mountain bike and Scott's seem to have a good reputation. The local store has the Aspect 55 at what appears to be a very good price (might be a 2009 closeout but still a good price). How does this compare to other brands bikes and what are the opinions on this bike as a first bike?

Thanks, drn92

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi drn92,
    Aspect is classified as an „all rounder”, that means more relaxed rider position (more upright, less stretched) compared to racing bikes, ie. scale series from scott. Would be definitely good choice especially if you are new to biking.

Bicycle Addict
    Hi, I own a 09 Scott Aspect 45. It's pretty similar to the bike you're looking at. If you're looking for a review I give it an "A". Like osobny said this bike will be more than adequate especially if you are new to biking. The only complaint I had about it was the tires that it came with weren't very good. The Ozon had very little knobs on it and they seem to slip constantly; had to upgrade sooner than I'd like. Everything else is pretty good though. Hope this helps.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates