mtbr member
    Feb 2007

proud new owner of a 2010 spark RC, a few questions.

there's a glut of beautiful 26" bikes available with so many switching to 29". I finally pulled the trigger on one.

I took it for a ride today even in the face of -15 celsius temperatures.

it's running almost perfectly but I have a few questions:

the ISP is a little short, maybe 10mm. is there any extender available. maybe a different mast topper?

One of the pad contact adjusters on the XX brakes spins somehwt freely, any ideas?

is servicing the shock on my own possible?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails proud new owner of a 2010 spark RC, a few questions.-spark.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    very nice. Ive got the same bike.

Ive posted how to clean the seals on the shock on this forum. Should be pretty easy to find.

i believe there are extenders for the ISP stubby.

are you sure the spinning contact pad adjuster is the bolt or just the rubber housing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    hey, thanks for the reply.

The pad contact adjuster is spinning more freely than I'd like. the whole brake seems to have a strange habit of changing it's contact point intermittenly. I might give it a bleed to see what happens. ar just upgrade to a set of R1s

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    so, too it out for a few spins. this rig flys, just super light.

I am having a little trouble getting my XX deraileur to shift to the small ring. it's not cable tension or high adjustment screw. it just doesn't seem to wanna make it. another mm or two sould do it. maybe the hanger?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I've got this one, which has 10mm of adjustment. You could also try going to a saddle like the Tune Speedneedle with the huge rails to give you more height.
    You'll want to trash can that boat anchor Ritchey topper, it weighs more than alot of light weight full length seatposts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails proud new owner of a 2010 spark RC, a few questions.-img_1279_1.jpg  

proud new owner of a 2010 spark RC, a few questions.-img_0216_1.jpg  

proud new owner of a 2010 spark RC, a few questions.-img_0215_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    now that is a thing of beauty. I wish I could justify the cost. I don't spending that much coin but I know I wouldn't get much return on my investment when I decide to sell.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timms View Post
    now that is a thing of beauty. I wish I could justify the cost. I don't spending that much coin but I know I wouldn't get much return on my investment when I decide to sell.
    Thanks, but I'm confused. You've got a $9000.00 bike that doesn't fit you and you don't want to spend $155.00 to make it fit?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I didn't realise that the ritchey ISP has about 16mm to play with. I didn't notice the labeled minimum insertion point label.

Thanks for the heads up on the nude shock servicing. sufficient to say, my shock overhaul became a full suspension pivot replacment. it took some effort but I managed to get everything apart and all the bearings out. I ordered new bearings from the UK $40 all in. hopefully they'll hold up.