Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Pics of my new 2012 Scott Aspect sport 29er

I just bought myself a 2012 Scott Aspect 29 Sport. It's pretty sweet and has only been on the trails once. So far though I love it. I'd love to have a full suspension bike but this will do for now. After browsing this forum I feel like the only one with a low end Scott bike haha I'm so jealous.

Anyone else here own a Scott Aspect Sport like mine? If so what are you thoughts?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm kinda eye balling an Aspect Tour, looks to be a bit better value than say a Trek Marlin (special geometry + tektro brake) and it's a fair bit cheaper than a Giant Talon. It's on my to test drive list now, plus the Scott dealer is really close to my home, heh.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Mavvy911:

So far I'm loving the Aspect sport. I'm still getting used to riding a 29er though. The trail I go to has a few sharp turns/corners and the bigger wheels force to me slow down more to get through those tight corners.

Other then that this bike is pretty solid for going on short down hills and clearing those rocky and rooty trails.

Let us know which bike you end up getting.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I bought this exact bike (Medium Size) last week! I really like it! It's my first non "Box Store" bought bike as I used to ride a Schwinn MTB that was nothing like this Scott.

I'm in the Midwest right now, so I've not really gotten to take it on a true trail yet, but I locked out the shock and rode it as a road bike for a 13 mile ride. I got it up to 23 mph according to my GPS and I got a funny look from a girl on a road bike, lol. I bought it for all the time I'm going to be spending in Arizona this year and next. This thing has me addicted to riding already and now I wanna get a road bike too!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I was at a local bike shop that pretty much focuses on road bikes. Every single road bike in the shop was over $2000. The most expensive one that i saw was a $6,000 carbon fiber speed demon. It just looked fast haha

(I was at this particular bike shop because of a groupon deal and bought a bike rack from them)

Anyways, I'm gunna take my new Scott and test her up at Fountain Head a popular trail here in Northern VA. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    What have you guys paid for your Aspects?
    Better 2 ask 4 pardon than 2 ask for permission. Recall that nxt time U feel you have 2 ask ur wife if U can buy something

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I got mine for $799 which is the typical price for the Sport 29er. I also got an additional $25 off so actual cost was $774 (not including tax)

Next year this bike will sell for $599 I believe.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Do new bikes depreciate by year like that? What time next year do you think i'll be able to buy one like that for $599

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 101Surge View Post
    Do new bikes depreciate by year like that? What time next year do you think i'll be able to buy one like that for $599
    Usually close outs start in August. May find some luck in late May (memorial day in USA) with some bike sales, though usually only in the 15% off range, so about $120 savings.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ok, because I was looking at getting a Scott Aspect tour as my first bike for $610, but if i can get the sport for $599 I would jump on it... I guess bikes are like cars? With new models coming out every year and a need to clear old models?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 101Surge View Post
    Ok, because I was looking at getting a Scott Aspect tour as my first bike for $610, but if i can get the sport for $599 I would jump on it... I guess bikes are like cars? With new models coming out every year and a need to clear old models?
    well some bike brands are like that. Some brands do not, and will carry the same bike as the current model for multiple years, and those bikes tend to have a similar price throughout. Scott refreshes most of their line up every year, and thus should follow the seasonal sale/closeout pattern.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I just picked up the 2012 Aspect Tour. REI was running 20% off during May so I opted for the Tour since after the discount it was the same price as the Sport. Was around $550.

So far I love the bike. I'm a new rider - rode for a month on a 26 that was too small. Noticed a HUGE difference in the 29er. So much smoother and carries speed mush better.

mtbr member
    I am entertaining this one; but I see it's about the same price as the Specialized Rockhopper or one of the Felts.. Guess I'll have to go ride each of them
    Better 2 ask 4 pardon than 2 ask for permission. Recall that nxt time U feel you have 2 ask ur wife if U can buy something

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by burbskate View Post
    I just picked up the 2012 Aspect Tour. REI was running 20% off during May so I opted for the Tour since after the discount it was the same price as the Sport. Was around $550.

So far I love the bike. I'm a new rider - rode for a month on a 26 that was too small. Noticed a HUGE difference in the 29er. So much smoother and carries speed mush better.
    Yeah, I'm an REI member and got 20% off a GoPro HD and used my $100 REI gift card...got a great deal.

I'm selling my Scott Aspect Sport 29er and getting the Scott Genius 50 2012. I love the Aspect but I really need full suspension and longer travel.

Congrats on getting the bike at such a good deal!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by alexplantman View Post
    I am entertaining this one; but I see it's about the same price as the Specialized Rockhopper or one of the Felts.. Guess I'll have to go ride each of them
    be different and go with Scott haha

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Had my Aspect Tour for a little over a month now and am VERY happy with it. Have around 100 miles trail riding on it. Nothing has gone wrong that couldn't be explained or fixed with a little tweaking or adjustment. I would recommend the bike.

My only issue has been with the front deraileur... I've had it bind up the chain a couple times .... but it may be a user/technique error. Still learning when to shift.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Burbskate:

It's a low end deraileur and you'll notice it when shifting up hill while pedaling. This isn't recommended but sometimes you have no choice. It's always best to shift before a hill of course.

Glad you like the Aspect...it's a great trail bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Scott Aspect 29 Sport found in the wild

Here is mine

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    TXRR: What kind of pedals are those?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just bought one of these myself! except mine is just black and white! love it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSpin View Post
    TXRR: What kind of pedals are those?

DMR V8 Platform MTB Bike BMX Pedals 9/16" Neon Green

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkyak View Post
    Just bought one of these myself! except mine is just black and white! love it!

Post some pics ....I just love my Scott bike (best I have ever had)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Looks great. I just picked up a used Aspect Trail for my son for his birthday. It is in storage until his birthday, and I'm dying to sneak it out on the trail to try it out.

mtbr member
    I bought a Aspect Tour. I love it and happy with it as an entry level bike. Only downside is that it feels a bit on the heavy side. I'm going to beat the **** out of this guy and get a Scott Spark probably early 2013.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of my new 2012 Scott Aspect sport 29er-photo%25201.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Nice bikes. I got an Aspect Trail a couple months ago and have about 250 miles on it and love this bike. The only complaint I have is I wished I had paid a little more and got the tour or sport because I really do not like the brakes...which are not disc brakes. Already looking to get some disc brakes for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast