mtbr member
    Nov 2013

People still happy with their 2013 Scott Genius 740?

My lbs has a new 2013 Scott Genius 740 for a really good price in my size... I'm actually a bit shocked it's lasted this long. I saw it in early december, and just assumed it'll be sold by the time I'm ready to get it... went saturday to window shop, and they still had it.

I've looked and read a bunch about this model (and the 720), are people generally pretty happy with this bike? Unless there's monsterous horror stories that I don't know about, I think I"m going to purchase it this week (pending a quick ride to make sure I'm comfortable on it... I'm a beginner).

Thanks for any insight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I got my 740 on April 2013 and its a really good bike but after 7 month I was sick of the DT M3 rear shock (it did handle 3 to 4 feet drops) so on dec.13 I made the swap to a fox float ctd shock, got the 142x12 thru axle chips, renthal handlebar, 40mm stemm, dropper post, etc... and now it a totally different bike, so IŽm keeping it for another year.........
    But mine 740 came with nobby nic tires man a F***ing hated them after like 3 month the sidewall had a big hole...

Also the fox 34 150mm fork its really plush if you take your time on the setup.
    So is you get a really nice price you can upgradeit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Just bought the bike I was looking at. So I can now unsubscribe to all the other manufacturer forums here except this one (simplier life equals happier life?).

MQ, which dropper post did you get? Where did you mount the remote (do you still have the twinloc for the front shock?)?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Congrats on the bike.

I got this dropper on dec.13 it working fine until now. Its working with 200psi and the control its on the right side. (Made the installation before I remove the twinlock)
    its cheap but it was this one and some other upgrades (hubs, zee RD, fox shock) or just buying a $400 rock shox reverb.....so i went with the DMN

Amazon.com: DNM Mountain Bike Dropper Seatpost Remote Lockout 31.6x330mm: Sports & Outdoors

The twinlock was working for a couple of week just for the fork but I got the CTD Manual lever kit $20.00 from fox and remove it. Its just my preference....

Right now Im waiting the prices on the new 2014 open cartridge damper for the fork I read on pinkbike that making the damper upgrade on the 2013 forks makes a lot of improvement.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks... I'll take a look at that. It'll be a few months before I think about a dropper post... but maybe a month early if the DMN one is still working for you (I'll swing back and ask after you've ridden it more).

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeQueyar View Post
    Congrats on the bike.

I got this dropper on dec.13 it working fine until now. Its working with 200psi and the control its on the right side. (Made the installation before I remove the twinlock)
    its cheap but it was this one and some other upgrades (hubs, zee RD, fox shock) or just buying a $400 rock shox reverb.....so i went with the DMN

Amazon.com: DNM Mountain Bike Dropper Seatpost Remote Lockout 31.6x330mm: Sports & Outdoors

The twinlock was working for a couple of week just for the fork but I got the CTD Manual lever kit $20.00 from fox and remove it. Its just my preference....

Right now Im waiting the prices on the new 2014 open cartridge damper for the fork I read on pinkbike that making the damper upgrade on the 2013 forks makes a lot of improvement.
    Hi Mike,

just curious. Do you have a Tallas fork right now?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    No I have a 34 Float...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ah, ok.
    i've asked because i've been told by FOX that no upgrade are available for the FLOAT Evolution 2013.
    Let us know.

(Sorry for the OT)

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    For the 2013 fox evolution float ctd fork can I upgrade to a 2014 damper??

Fox answer today maybe IŽll start a post after talking to them.
    Hello,

It is possible to install a 2014 CTD damper in any of the CTD Evolution forks. These parts can be ordered through your local shop or direct by contacting us at 800-369-7469 x4801.

Already call and buying the 2014 dumpers would cost $260.00 its still better then buying a new fork........I was cheking the pike and on pinbike somebody posted that changing to a 2014 damper would improve the 2013 evolotion float fork.

Will think about it a little more.