mtbr member
    Apr 2009

OFFICIAL: Scott Information Thread

So after a few theads I figured we would start a thread with all the information needed for the bikes we enjoy to ride. Information that might not be available but would seem crucial would be beneficial, such as the thread about the headset utilizing a special size standard.

So some basic info I'll add:

Scott Scale 29 Carbon Model:
    Headset ID - 44mm Top/ 55mm Bottom (European Standard)
    Bottom bracket - Pressfit standard axle - Shimano BB91-A use spacer on drive side. Sram Pressfit GXP 1 size only, use spacer on drive side.

Scott Spark 29 Carbon:

Bottom bracket - Pressfit standard axle - Shimano BB91-A use spacer on drive side. Sram Pressfit GXP 1 size only, use spacer on drive side.

Scott Spark 29 Elite:

Bottom bracket - Standard external english thread bottom bracket.

Scott Spark 29 Comp:

Headset ID - 44mm Top/ 44mm Bottom. Although the headset appears tapered, it is not. You can use a tapered fork by using a Cane Creek tapered bottom headset. Part # # BAA0085K - 40.EC44/40.Bottom Assembly
    Cane Creek 40.EC44/40.Bottom Assembly

Bottom bracket - Standard external english thread bottom bracket.

This is just a start, i'll update as I go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    This is good info - thank you.
    I recently got a Scale RC and used a Shimano 91A but the instructions said NO spacer if it's a BB92. My shop (Scott Dealer) pressed in the BB without the drive spacer and there is a gap. I had to place spacers outside of the cup to clear the chainring when I built it and it seems to work except chain line is slightly off without optimal shifting (XTR front Der)
    Now, I'll take it apart and re-press with the spacer.
    I'm surprised the shop didn't know this.
    BTW - love the bike!!
    Kush

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Torque Specs on the Scott Spark 29er's are INCORRECT, DO NOT TORQUE to 20NM, Max torque is 15nm. Reports have been made such as bolts snapping at the 18-20nm mark.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Bought the 2012 Scale Expert with the Reba fork. Was disappointed with the performance of the Reba compared to the Sid. Crappy small bump action. I could not figure it out. Tried adjusting everything. Mechanic at the shop I bought the bike at told me to give him the fork for a day. He disassembled the fork, cleaned everything, replaced the oil at the correct levels, and lubed the seals and wipers with slick honey. Fork works killer now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Good stuff pumaking.
    Should be noted that if you use the CC 40.ec44/40 on the spark 29 Comp it will raise the head tube 12mm.