Singletrack Slayer

New Spark 910 Review and Video!

Just got this in the shop, Upgraded to I9 wheels and RDO seatpost from Niner, next is Niner Carbon flat bar and Ergon Gs1 grips. This bike is awesome! KOM killer for real

~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

jju
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Nice video. Just have some questions to you. Did you put seatpost with shims?
    Could you weight the original wheels (syncros xr2.0)

thanks a lot

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jju View Post
    Nice video. Just have some questions to you. Did you put seatpost with shims?
    Could you weight the original wheels (syncros xr2.0)

thanks a lot
    the original wheel ,without rotor,tube,tire, weigh 1880 gr the pair ant+post.

Singletrack Slayer
    No shim needed as it is a 31.6 post The I9 wheels are much stiffer laterally and awesome engagement

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    One question guys, is it possible to use a Rockshox Sid XX World Cup 29er 2013 with the Twinloc System ? Because this suspension fork uses the Oil Xloc Remote Lockout, and the Twinloc uses the mechanical lockout system. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    In the video, you said it is 24.5lbs. Can you confirm that? Also, is that with pedals?

Singletrack Slayer
    I double checked the weight last night and I did forget pedals and we had not added stans!. My bad there. I had to add a more stans and then pedals. I was off on the weight. The Park Tool scale read 26.2. I could put on some lighter tires at get closer to 25 even. Still going to add a Niner RDO carbon bar. Not much else to change now. I could put on some lighter carbon cranks and few other light drivetrain parts to achieve a sub25 lbs. Right now it rides just fine

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    So is the rear shock improved over prior years? That seemed to get a lot of complaints in old reviews.

Singletrack Slayer
    The Nude 2 Shock is an improvement from the 2012, so time will tell.. But from riding a 12 to 13 model I can tell a little difference in a few weeks.

mtbr member
    They made a change in the Nude 2 shock from 2012 to 2013??? I believe they only changed colors of the models

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I've test ridden the 910 a couple of times and like the less upright geometry compared to some XC bikes (with the chip in the low position) and I didn't notice a big difference between the Nude2 shock and a Fox CTD shock, except that I liked the twinlogic feature. Any thoughts on the suspension design? There was a cyclingnews review of the 2012 29 Spark RC that claimed the bike is critically flawed because Scott placed the main pivot in the wrong spot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeach View Post
    I've test ridden the 910 a couple of times and like the less upright geometry compared to some XC bikes (with the chip in the low position) and I didn't notice a big difference between the Nude2 shock and a Fox CTD shock, except that I liked the twinlogic feature. Any thoughts on the suspension design? There was a cyclingnews review of the 2012 29 Spark RC that claimed the bike is critically flawed because Scott placed the main pivot in the wrong spot.
    I had several demo rides on the 910 and preferred running 25% sag. In the open mode it's more plush than any bike I have ridden in this category. Click it to traction mode and it's very quick and almost bob free while maintaining excellent traction. Fully closed really locks the rear for riding on the road and fire roads.

The geo is spot on , weight is about the lightest you will see and it feels faster than any 29er fully I have ridden. The way i see it, the bike has less suspension compromises using the different modes with one caveat being you have to manually adjust on the fly, ie it's not "set it and forget it"
    Last edited by Billy Davis; 01-06-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Singletrack Slayer
    I have changed to Maxxis Ignitors 2.1 EXO front and rear and the bike is down to 25lbs 3 oz. Going to Carbon Niner RDO bars will drop almost100g. That is next

jju
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I own scale 910 and thinking how to loose some grams. My plans is to exchange wheels and handlebar.