Maiden voyage later today. I have a feeling it's going to be awesome:

2014 Scott Scale 700 RC
    2011 Cannondale Super Six

mtbr member
    oh yeah..Love this thing:

2014 Scott Scale 700 RC

mtbr member
    just awsome, what granny gear are you using? is it 34 or 36t? I plan to convert my 2011 scale pro in a 1 x 10 set up
    thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azille View Post
    just awsome, what granny gear are you using? is it 34 or 36t? I plan to convert my 2011 scale pro in a 1 x 10 set up
    thanks
    I'm using a 38T. I can get away with it here in South Florida for the most part.
    2014 Scott Scale 700 RC

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Scott Scale - Good Deal?

There's a 2012 Scott Scale on ebay for $4000 right now (sorry I can't post a link as a new forum member, but it's just one of a few hits if you search for Scott Scale RC).

Any thoughts on this bike would be appreciated - I'm considering getting it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottiedubbs View Post
    There's a 2012 Scott Scale on ebay for $4000 right now (sorry I can't post a link as a new forum member, but it's just one of a few hits if you search for Scott Scale RC).

That's a really nice deal! Especially with wheels already on it.

I came from x9 parts on my old bike, and what a difference going to XX Drivetrain. Worth every penny!

The bike itself is extremely fast. I really can't give a good review because this is my first hardtail. So everything is different from what I'm used too and really don't know how it compares to other hardtails other than the RC is lighter than most.
    2014 Scott Scale 700 RC

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckinmuck View Post
    That's a really nice deal! Especially with wheels already on it.

I came from x9 parts on my old bike, and what a difference going to XX Drivetrain. Worth every penny!

The bike itself is extremely fast. I really can't give a good review because this is my first hardtail. So everything is different from what I'm used too and really don't know how it compares to other hardtails other than the RC is lighter than most.
    Thanks for the feedback. Any other opinions?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback. Any other opinions?
    You got it....

The stock handlebar is like a beach bar and should probably be one of the first thing that is swapped. The seatpost clamp for the saddle is interesting. I'm not a huge fan. For my saddle to be level and fit me right, the way it sits on the clamp just begs for it to become loose with gravity as it sits on a downward slope of the clamp. Odd design, but it took me three rides of my saddle popping up on me to figure out I REALLY needed to torque it down. this is probably all due to me being a noob, but regardless the design of the clamp is still odd to me.
    2014 Scott Scale 700 RC

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Scottie, this is actually my bike on ebay. I buy and sell bikes periodically through the year as a hobby and the scale rc has actually been my favorite. Coming from a cannondale flash carbon 29er, the Scott seems way more stable and predictable. Cornering is awesome. I have never ridden on the Ritchey wcs tires before now and they are awesome! So grippy compared to some other lightweight comparables (ikon, aspen, renegade) Im actually so tempted to keep the bike. If it doesn't sell this auction, I've decided to keep it and switch it out to 1x10 and put my industry nine wheels on it.

Formerly of Kent
    OP, where did you find a 38t Rotor ring for the SRAM chainring bolt patter?

I'd kill for a 36 or 38t.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    20.07 lbs, that is just crazy

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Does the fork totally lock out. Cant seem to gt mine to lock out. In the full open position the dial on the fork wont turn anymore and it still doesn't lock out. Any info would be great.