mtbr member

My 19lbs scale 29 RC is dead

Well my 19# rocket ship didn't last me too long. Broke during the Gunnison Half growler after only 250 miles of use and just as I was starting to get really comfortable on it. I'm not sure if it broke during a fall I had towards the end which there is some evidence of, or if it was already broken from riding it during the race as it is cracked along the designed SDS flex point. I did notice during the race that the rear was feeling much more compliant than usual and that sharp hits weren't as violent, kind of how I was expecting it to feel from new (I felt the ride was much harsher than my old alloy air 9).
    Anyways I'm bummed and scott says it probably wont be till the end of the summer till I could get a replacement, maybe faster if they deem it a warranty claim and not a crash replacement. Kind of puts a damper on my racing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well the good thing is, that is a warranty. Mine broke in the same place on my expert. However, the issue is replacement frame.

mtbr member
    Warranty guy is saying it is a crash replacement, broke because of impact.

Primative Screwhead
    Carbon can be repaired. Do a search in your area for a carbon repairer. If it is cheaper and quicker than the Scott response, go for it.

My Scott Scale suffered a punctured chainstay from the rear mech cage swinging up sharply during racing. I rode it for almost two years before I even noticed it...
    Ego maniacs please object to my posts.