Thread: MSRP Increase

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

MSRP Increase

Just giving you guys a heads up. As of Jan 16. Scott has increased the MSRP on a majority of their line up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Which models and by how much roughly?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    All the 29ers have gone up.

Scale 29 Comp used to be $900 now it's 939

Spark 29 Comp used to be $1650 now its $1739

Spark 29 Expert used to be $3200 now its over $3500

just to give you an idea. I dont remember the full price layout.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So what if you had a Spark Expert 29er on order since Mid December and it is not scheduled to arrive until March? The jump in price is enough to consider other brands as options, or possibly consider going from FS to a HT.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by waterxracer585 View Post
    So what if you had a Spark Expert 29er on order since Mid December and it is not scheduled to arrive until March? The jump in price is enough to consider other brands as options, or possibly consider going from FS to a HT.

Thanks!
    My situation exactly! I can only hope that the dealer will stand by the original price he quoted me, as that's what I have been expecting to pay.

Is this Scott's way of managing the high demand/limited supply in North America for their new 29ers? Just increase the price and hope they don't sell as many?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thats up to the dealer to decide, but I assume if you already had something on preorder then you get old pricing.

As for the reason, I believe Scott felt their bikes were undervalued when compared with other comparable bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pumaking View Post
    Thats up to the dealer to decide, but I assume if you already had something on preorder then you get old pricing.

As for the reason, I believe Scott felt their bikes were undervalued when compared with other comparable bikes.
    That's probably something Scott Sports should have figured out before the released their pricing... In reality, Scott Sports bikes are probably priced where they should be and other companies are overpriced . I doubt that Scott Sports would release pricing that would be a liablity to the company.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by waterxracer585 View Post
    That's probably something Scott Sports should have figured out before the released their pricing... In reality, Scott Sports bikes are probably priced where they should be and other companies are overpriced . I doubt that Scott Sports would release pricing that would be a liablity to the company.

Agreed. They should be proud to provide a quality product at an affordable price point. While an s-works epic is an awesome bike, $10500 is just an astronomical MSRP. The Spark RC at ~$7000 makes more sense.

Stan's Notubes could easily charge twice as much for their wheelsets, but they seem happy to have cornered the market for lightweight, affordable wheels.. and I hope it stays that way. Scott has an opportunity to do the same!

It may be much more complicated than I'm making it out to be. What I know for sure is that I'll never afford one of the higher end models!

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Standard price increase across the board on several mtb and road bikes also. It had been announced previously. They hadn't had a price increase for 2 seasons, as many players all had increases this past season. Nothing to do with under valued or other such rumors.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Standard price increase across the board on several mtb and road bikes also. It had been announced previously. They hadn't had a price increase for 2 seasons, as many players all had increases this past season. Nothing to do with under valued or other such rumors.
    I totally understand that, I don't understand the price increase after the models are released for the year. I have had a Spark Expert on order since mid December one of the reasons I chose that bike is price cause money is an object to me these days. The price increase and the ridiculous amount of time the bike has been on order is making me consider canceling the order.