mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Going tubeless with Spark?

I've got a 2012 Spark Team I'm looking to go tubeless with. Has anyone had any issues doing the Stan's conversion with the stock Alex rims and Rocket Rons? I know the tires are supposed to be tubeless ready but I'm wondering about the rims...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Also interested. I've seen somewhere that the rims are NOT tubeless ready or at least that weren't the best to do it. But if anybody could confirm or deny, would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have on my spark pro, the front went perfect but the rear tire was a pain. Took three tries but now it holds air.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    So I did the conversion and it's successful so far. My rear tire with the Rocket Ron took a few tries as I was losing sealant during the initial inflation and didn't buy the syringe to add through the valve. My front tire with the Nevegal wasn't able to be done by myself. I had to have a friend pump while I supported the tire against the rim to get the initial inflation and then had to redo it once to add more sealant.

This is all being done with a floor pump and the Stan's All Mountain kit. The XC kit probably would be a better option but I bought off amazon and the product description didn't specify which kit it was.