mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Genius 910 fork does not lock out?

I just got a 910 last Friday and have noticed that when i engage the lockout feature of twin-lock, the back shock becomes rigid like it should, but the front never changes. It feels fully open for all modes.

Did i miss something i need to setup or does this sound like a faulty product?

JGL
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    In discussing with Ben at Scott's warranty center, the fork does not completely lock out.

The shock does fully lock, which is why he only recommends riding fully locked out on smooth pavement. Fully locked out on any bumps puts strain on/could damage the linkage.

JGL
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I should add that when fully locked, mine is definitely stiffer than in either of the other settings, so, assumiong you've got enough air in there, yes, you may have a malfuntioning unit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    hmmm i will have to check the air. i really cant feel the difference.

SLR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Have you adjusted the cable barrel on the twin loc lever? My Spark 920 fork did not lock out until after a few turns to tighten up the cable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wolv275 View Post
    I just got a 910 last Friday and have noticed that when i engage the lockout feature of twin-lock, the back shock becomes rigid like it should, but the front never changes. It feels fully open for all modes.

Did i miss something i need to setup or does this sound like a faulty product?

It should fully lock. Maybe adjustments will solve. Mine ddnt do 'traction' as I tried it. Had to be tuned in.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    This is the problem with the FOX CTD system. It stiffens the fork but it does not completely lockout like a traditional lockout.

The way the Fox CTD works is that is slows down the dampening to make it seem like its locked out. So for example, when you go to "lockout" which is Climb mode, obviously you're not putting a lot of weight on the front end so when you're climbing it stiffens up. However, if you're one of those who lookout for a sprint perse, this system is useless then.

For 2014, this is taken care of.