Genius_rider
    Sep 2010

Genius 40 broken swingarm cap

Hi all

I have a Genius 40 and one of the caps that cover the pivot where the seatstays join the swingarm broke today. Upon looking at the assembly, this seems to be plastic cap for decoration purposes only as it does not show to be holding the pivot assembly. The 2 star bolts that hold the pivot bushing are tight and the suspension works well (I rode it for 10 miles after the cap broke).

In order to make sure this cap is for decoration only, I have searched for the swingarm assembly manual or diagram in the Scott Website but with no luck so far. All I have found are the normal user's manuals.

Does anybody know where can the assembly manuals or any other document showing how the swingarm is assembled can be found?

Has someone had this cap broken and confirm it is only for decorative purposes?

Thank you

Genius_rider
    Sep 2010
    I took a picture of the pivot where the cap used to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Genius 40 broken swingarm cap-genius_pivot.jpg  

mtbr member
    not knowing the bike, its probably a dust cap to give the bearings extra protection. especially if its only made of plastic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    My Genius 20 did the same thing. What country are you in? Either email the country warranty dept, or go back to the dealer you bought it from to get a replacement. I know they exist, I got a replacement quick from the USA warranty dept.

Genius_rider
    Sep 2010
    Thanks, I am in Mexico and the Scott representative does not want to get one for me as bought the bike in the US and not form them. I must say that I am not happy with Scott's support overseas (at least in Mexico). The good news is that it is only a dust/decoration cap that is not affecting the bike's performance.
    I will contact the US bike shop where I purchased it and see if they can mail me the cap.

Thanks

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    I have one of those. i'll sell it to ya....

Genius_rider
    Sep 2010
    Scott

How much? Would you mail them to Mexico?