I'm UTarded

Genius 20 - Equalizer 2 Setup Tips?

I'm having one heck of a time getting the rear shock "dialed" to my liking on the Genius 20. Man does it take a whole lot of pressure and with the pull-style shock, it's hard to tell if I'm even getting the sag right.

I'm following the chart on the side of the shock for my 175 lb riding weight. I have a Scott shock pump (higher PSI). Set up according to the chart, it feels a bit harsh on the downhill--especially with small bump absorption.

Can any of you guys give me some tips on how you've best set up your shock? Thanks!

Take Chances
    Where do you have the rebound set at? I have a 09 Genius 10 and found that at the factory noted settings the ride was a little hard in the beginning. Setting the rebound at 5 worked for me being 200lbs and a fairly aggressive on the trails.
    Cadmanrjm

mtbr member
    You may want to decrease pressure in the positive chamber, and increase it in the negative. Do it gradually and see how it feels each time, whilst checking sag each time.

Also, keep your rebound speed slow, as cadman said.

Even at 40% sag though, suspension still feels harsh..

I'm UTarded
    Rebound is right in the middle, I believe. I always start at the slowest then work in from there. I can't recall the exact settings.

@Midas... positive, negative... which one is which? I suppose the top one would be the positive (higher pressure), right? So, you're feeling like it's a bit harsh also? It may be just the way it is. Makes me like my DW-link Mojo even more. :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Sag - use the Scott sag-Boy graphic on the side of the owners manual... well, get a friend to help