mtbr member

Gambler - Replace bearings

Has anyone done this before. Any tips or tricks? Anyone know what the scott bearing tool consists of before I go and order it?
    www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk - Mountain Biking near London in the UK

Tire Geek O_o
    I was looking for a bolt bearing replacement kit for a 2011 Gambler 30, so I contacted scott directly, it costs aroun 90usd. But you have to order them from a scott dealer, they wont sell you anything directly.

I did how ever bolted out all of those bolts that had no loctite in order to inspect them before my little bro rode the Gambler in a race 2 weeks ago (the bike was new and unridden before when we bought it a month ago). I was surprised how easy was it to pull it apart.

Except for the rearmost bolt in the upper chainstays, this one bolts directly to the chainstay but you have to aling everything perfectly. If once you manage to put the bolt back in, and start screw in it and sudenly it doesnt feel smoth and or it stops, dont force it the thread in the bolt itself is very soft and you could render it useless.

Other than that is seems to be really easy. Good luck, let us know how you did.
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!