Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have a Fox Float X CTD 2014, on a Genius 900 SL 2013, size 190mm x 50mm, (7.5x2.00) I installed 6 months ago without any issues at all regarding the frame, I had a problem with the returning spring inside the Float, but Fox service it immediately, since then just "FUN" with it. Hope helps

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm hoping someone can help me since i've been searching like crazy and hvent found what I'm looking for yet. I have been told to go with a Fox CTD in the LV but at the same time they are telling me that it may not fit on my Geniues 930.... Can anyone that has done the swap on a 900 series tell me what tune they used on a Fox shock please.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    My Genius 900 is a carbon frame, I bought the Fox Float X CTD, fits perfect and so far no problems, I posted some pics showing the installation in this thread.....if take a look you will see that is enough clearance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hvmathews View Post
    My Genius 900 is a carbon frame, I bought the Fox Float X CTD, fits perfect and so far no problems, I posted some pics showing the installation in this thread.....if take a look you will see that is enough clearance.
    I saw that install looks awesome. I was looking at the Float CTD LV and fox wasn't sure if the head of the shock would clear the frame. If i have to go with a Float X so I know it will fit I will but i was just trying to save a few bucks since I plan to order up a Pike as well

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Fox should have technical drawings of both shocks to compare them

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    So I could replace the big fox remote with the scott twinlock on a NON Scott bike?

Quote Originally Posted by biggazu View Post
    A little update, I now have a fox ctd remote 2013 shock,
    Which works better than the DT Swiss with the twinloc.
    So the question is, why does Scott not want you to do this upgrade. Mojo suspension said it would fit, wouldn't hit the down tube and would work fine
    with the twinloc!!!!!!Attachment 876565

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    It should work, I have a Talas 2014 Factory fork and Fox float X shock, both working with the Twinlock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    thinking it is a switch nothing bike specific that it needs to mounted on a scott bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Nope, there is no switch or similar to fit in a scott specific bike.

mtbr member
    I just had the lbs do the fox float CTD remote lv swap for me , the twin lock works fine . I'm taking it out for the first ride today .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking to do this swap on my 710 (2013). Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but can you confirm the shock hardware size and shock length? The Scott manual for the 2013 Genius shows 6x22.2 hardware and 200x55 shock length (which probably translates to 200x57 (7.875 x 2.25) for the Fox CTD), but the thread seems to say 8x22 is the size.

Where's a good source for the hardware?

TIA.

Here's a screenshot from the manual:

Attachment 908321
    Hi,
    I have the exact same question!
    I'm about to buy a new monarch plus debonair for my 710 (carbon 2014 model bought last December)
    I agree that the owner manual clearly mentions 22.2x6mm whereas everyone here is buying 22x8mm...
    So how to be sure?
    Gonna have to order both size just in case or what?! LOL
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    I ordered the 22.6 hardware for my genius 930 as scotts manual said it was and it ended up taking the 22.8 hardware . As for performance with the fox ctd lv ,its a whole different ride . Much smoother and carries the speed faster . Glad i did the switch . The twin lock also works fine . Thanks to the poeple on this forum , reading all the info helped !

mtbr member
    Ok, thanks for the update.
    I find really weird that the official owner manual would mention something wrong as far as hardware specs are concerned... but hey, if everyone here bought 22x8mm instead, must be a reason!
    Regarding the shocks, I will stick to the new Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair for now. A good shock tuner that I trust here in France got nothing but praises toward it... will see!

The 2014 fox nude CTD custom that was stock on it, cannot handle 8min + harsh descents... overheat and lock!
    Great shock for everything else tho.

mtbr member
    Just a quick update, and quick question for you experts:
    Got the debonair, and confirmed, it's 22x8mm too for the 710/2014. (this owner's manual is very misleading!)

Regarding torque:
    The flip/chip (high/low) says 10NM on it.
    The owner's manual says 5NM...in the french version, and I just checked the english PDF (
    "After a dismantlement of the rear shock, both fixing bolts should be tighte- ned with a tightening torque of 10Nm/88in-lbs.
    If this is not done correctly the rear shock can be damaged.")

Any input here?
    Appreciated :-)

mtbr member
    Have you ridden your Monarch Plus yet? I've been looking at that shock also...
    If you are going through hell, keep going. -- Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Hi rhinodriver
    Not to hijack the fox thread, but I will keep you updated about the monarch plus, as soon as I get it back from Novyparts, where I sent it to have it custom tuned.
    Because of the geometry of the Genius (710 here), optimization and custom tuning was necessary.
    Hopefully I should get it soon, as it's on its way already. Can't wait.
    Next time I'll send the Pike for the same custom tuning.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Do you have news on the tune and the ride of the RS monarch?

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Sweeeeet

Bike handles markedly different that stock. Shock has no problem clearing my large frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fox shock on 2013 Genius-image.jpg  

mtbr member

Consider other upgrades other than a shock first

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinodriver View Post
    Bike handles markedly different that stock. Shock has no problem clearing my large frame.
    So I've got about 40 miles on the new shock over three rides in some technical and fairly aggressive trails. I thought I'd throw some controversy into this thread...

The shock is very good but if I had to choose I would emphatically suggest you change the wheel set first. I switched to some light-bicycle carbon 35mm wide wheels with Hope hubs and that is really what makes the bike great. It dropped a ton of weight, is incredibly stiff, and the traction is incredible. BTW, I don't know if all the genius models are like this but the 740 had a squirrelly 5x135 dropout. I switched it to 12x142 and it makes a huge difference. The bike inspires confidence to throw it around now.

Anyway, wheels first!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yah, wheels are critical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyxb View Post
    I saw that install looks awesome. I was looking at the Float CTD LV and fox wasn't sure if the head of the shock would clear the frame. If i have to go with a Float X so I know it will fit I will but i was just trying to save a few bucks since I plan to order up a Pike as well
    Did you end up trying the CDT LV? I'm looking to do the same thing on mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    so if I had a choice between a 2013 versus 2014 Scott mountain bike I should go for the 2014 bike? Despite the 2013 being cheaper. What's the difference between a full suspension 2013 versus a 2014 spark?

Growing up sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiprophet View Post
    Did you end up trying the CDT LV? I'm looking to do the same thing on mine.
    I know you're concerned about the 900, but I just mounted a CDT LV Remote on my 740 and it fits just fine. The head of the CDT is the same size as the DT Swiss I took off. It also works perfectly with the Twinloc too. First ride is today...SC

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

A different opinion

Hi all,
    first of all, thanks a lot for sharing your info on this thread, I've been silently following it for the last 7 months.

After gathering some info from this thread, I swapped my DT Swiss for a HV Fox RP2 BV.

However, I felt that something is wrong with the ride after the upgrade.
    I felt that when I was hitting big drops, the rear shock was bottoming out.
    When I tried to lower the initial sag, the ride on small bumps and rock gardens was really bad.

I looked on the web for some info about the problem I am having and found this site: Scott Genius 27.5'' 2013 - Linkage Design

This blog is in Spanish, but can be translated with Google translate. The owner of the blog is modeling various full suspension bikes with the "Linkage" SW.

From the analysis of the Scott Genius, I saw that the leverage ratio is regressive on the beginning of the travel, then it becomes linear, and in the end of the travel regressive again.

From what I could understand, this behavior is unusual and fits the characteristics of the Nude2 shock, but probably doesn't fit the Fox.

I was forced to damp the DT because of a malfunction and lack of support for it in Israel, but now I think about sending it for service in other country and going back for the DT.

What do you think?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Maybe try reducing the air can volume?
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    What year model Fox are ya'll buying, and how are you getting one with a "medium" tune and such specs like that?
    Direct from Fox or eBay or retailer?
    Im wanting to keep the remote on a 2013 710

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    How bout it guys?

I bought one from a retailer and it ended up having a CP2P tune in it. Fox says its Med Compression, Med Climb, and 135 psi boost valve

Said It would prolly be soft, and I may want a Firm, Firm valving

Anyone know if the valving would be close to the same as a Spark?
    Another guy listed his valving specs for one =...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Okay, so I started this thread a while back and I'd call it a success. So much so that I'm sure someone here will be able to answer a simple question for me. Soooo: will a 2014 fox ctd shock that comes off from a 2014 Genius LT fit on my 2013 Genius 720? I have someone offering me the shock but not perfected sure it will work. Thx for any input.
    BTW, for the record, my DT Swiss is still working great. No service, going on 3rd season!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Had my first major ride with a float-x upgrade on a 2013 900SL. 2 pairs of 803-03-166 shims with a 7.872x2.25 shock. Remote not installed yet (bought separately) but the bike is much more plush in the trail setting. Since that is where I ride most of the time, I'm quite happy with the change. Still need to tweak rebound to match the Pike up front but am close

The only downside I noticed is that the climb mode is VERY firm compared to the DT-Swiss which is fine for smooth fire road, but not much else

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    How is the DB Inline on the 2013 Genius 900? Considering pulling the trigger, would like some input on how the DB Inline changed the feel of the bike.

I use the remote on the DT Swiss Nude2 a lot, mostly keep it in the middle setting. The full open doesn't have enough damping imo, no support for turning hard, but fine in a straight line. I realize I can't use the remote w/ the DB, so it it a set and forget shock?

Thanks, and what are you using for a tune? I'm 175 lbs w/out pack, size L Genius.

mtbr member
    I've got a ccdbair cs (not inline) I'd be willing to part with. Was on my genius 910. The shock transforms the bike. I never could get the stock shock to perform well in open and middle at the same time

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    sent you a PM

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperBoy View Post
    Had my first major ride with a float-x upgrade on a 2013 900SL. 2 pairs of 803-03-166 shims with a 7.872x2.25 shock. Remote not installed yet (bought separately) but the bike is much more plush in the trail setting. Since that is where I ride most of the time, I'm quite happy with the change. Still need to tweak rebound to match the Pike up front but am close

The only downside I noticed is that the climb mode is VERY firm compared to the DT-Swiss which is fine for smooth fire road, but not much else

Why did you install a larger shock than necessary? The manual for the 2013 Genius 900 states the following size for a shock:

Piston Stroke 50mm
    Shock Length (Eye to Eye) 190mm

Which is 7.5x2.0 in inches.

Just curious what the reasoning was?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    This is an excellent thread however the one question I could not answer was whether it was possible to fit a Fox 2016 model Float DPS shock to a Scott Genius 2013 and connect it up to the Twinloc remote. As you can see from the photo it's very possible to simply replace the DT Swiss M3 shock with the Fox model. Mojo Suspension in UK were very helpful and recommended the Float DPS Factory Remote Up 190x50 with SV eyelet (standard volume) and XV can. They thought there was a risk that the LV (large volume) eyelet might contact the frame under full compression. Having fitted the SV version, there seems to be loads of clearance and I guess an LV might also fit. Bush mounts were 22.2mm x 8mm diameter and a doddle to fit (Mojo have a video which shows this). The cable for the remote simply attaches to the Fox shock and no fiddling necessary to get it to work perfectly on all three settings (cable needs to be pulled tight before tightening up the cable clamp.

Hope this is useful for other folks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    This is an excellent thread however the one question I could not answer was whether it was possible to fit a Fox 2016 model Float DPS shock to a Scott Genius 2013 and connect it up to the Twinloc remote. As you can see from the photo it's very possible to simply replace the DT Swiss M3 shock with the Fox model. Mojo Suspension in UK were very helpful and recommended the Float DPS Factory Remote Up 190x50 with SV eyelet (standard volume) and XV can. They thought there was a risk that the LV (large volume) eyelet might contact the frame under full compression. Having fitted the SV version, there seems to be loads of clearance and I guess an LV might also fit. Bush mounts were 22.2mm x 8mm diameter and a doddle to fit (Mojo have a video which shows this). The cable for the remote simply attaches to the Fox shock and no fiddling necessary to get it to work perfectly on all three settings (cable needs to be pulled tight before tightening up the cable clamp.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I'm new here and this is an excellent thread however the one question I could not answer was whether it was possible to fit a Fox 2016 model Float DPS shock to a Scott Genius 2013 and connect it up to the Twinloc remote. As you can see from the photo it's very possible to simply replace the DT Swiss M3 shock with the Fox model. Mojo Suspension in UK were very helpful and recommended the Float DPS Factory Remote Up 190x50 with SV eyelet (standard volume) and XV can. They thought there was a risk that the LV (large volume) eyelet might contact the frame under full compression. Having fitted the SV version, there seems to be loads of clearance and I guess an LV might also fit. Bush mounts were 22.2mm x 8mm diameter and a doddle to fit (Mojo have a video which shows this). The cable for the remote simply attaches to the Fox shock and no fiddling necessary to get it to work perfectly on all three settings (cable needs to be pulled tight before tightening up the cable clamp.

Fox shock on 2013 Genius-imageuploadedbytapatalk1457333074.922196.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Hope this is useful for other folks. Fox shock on 2013 Genius-imageuploadedbytapatalk1457631306.547340.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Hope this is useful for other folks.Fox shock on 2013 Genius-imageuploadedbytapatalk1457643765.537334.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345