mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Finally got my Spark RC 29er...

Received them yesterday after long, long endless 7.5 months…
    Cut the handle bar, 2cm at each side
    Swaps: seatpost: KCNK scandium- Ti Pro 8000 350 mm, Saddle: Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon rails, grips: 40g KCNC yellow foam, rear tire: Scwalbe racing Ralph 2.1
    Total weight (size L, incl. sealant and XTR pedals) = 10,620 frams
    Great bike. Took them today for a 50km test ride. What can I say, left all my buddies' way behind…
    This bike flies and climbs effortlessly.
    Tomorrow will try the more technical trails…..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally got my Spark RC 29er...-img_3201-2.jpg  

Finally got my Spark RC 29er...-img_3208.jpg  

Finally got my Spark RC 29er...-img_3211.jpg  

Finally got my Spark RC 29er...-img_3206-2.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    How much does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Sweet!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverbike View Post
    How much does it weigh?
    10,620 frams
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

mtbr member
    Make sure to post a photo on the Spark Photo thread, too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'll be keen to hear how it goes after a few more rides. This one is on my shortlist for my next bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

reply to bt100

Hi. First of all let me apologies in advance for my English (I leave in Israel).
    Well, I already tried few kinds of terrains. I noticed 2 main issues of differences in riding this bike. 1. 29" (obviously) and 2. light weight.
    Until now I was riding FS and HT 26 bikes, all 9.5-11 kg. I am a XC competitive cyclist. Now, after the first days of enthusiasm are over, let me tell you objectively that with the SPARK RC the difference is really huge huge huge…
    First of all the stability and confidence were raised noticeably. I don't need to think "any more" on downhill and more prominently on uphill obstacles. My mind is now free to deal with the importand issues: my breathing and how to distribute my power. It’s a great advantage especially in technical climbs where thoughts like "how the hell will I pass this obstacle..." can make you stop pedaling or invest too much energy to overcome it. In general, now it takes much less effort to descent, climb or ride a plateau.
    The bike is also so stiff and so so light that you can actually fill how the power in each pedaling goes 99% to the wheels. Once you gain rotation inertia, nothing can stop you.
    Let me tell you, the best test is comparison to your buddies in the familiar terrains. I am riding with very strong cyclists where every ride is a competition by itself. If until now I was first, depending on good and bed days, now I just leave them behind, honestly with much less effort.You should see the helplessness in their eyes. I think they are in shock… some of them ride 29ers but heavy ones (13+ kg). Yesterday I have switched my bike with a ~13 kg alloy 29er and it was like going on a tank. My buddy just flew a way with mine. He could immediately point out that the difference he felt was undoubtfully due to the combination of stiffness and light weight (I have thoughts to still reduce weights by 300-400 grams by swapping the wheel set to the new Mavic SLR)
    Just to give you an idea: in a 4 km section of technical moderate but continuous single climb, I had gain about 70 seconds !!! over my buddies. It’s a huge difference in competition terms.
    So all in all, don't think twice, just buy this bike and enjoy …

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    i think the weigh is in Kg,not in lbs,,,,
    correct,finklfam??
    nice,nice bike,,
    compliments
    from Italy

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Yes 10.62 Kg

Yes 10.62 Kg