mtbr member

A few questions regarding the CTD Fox Float 32

Just picked up a 2013 Scott Scale 740, and so far I love it.

I just have a few questions regarding the CTD setup on the Float 32 Evolution.

I've been perusing this part of the Fox site - WebHelp and have found a lot of answer to questions that I had. One thing I'm not sure about, is how much movement exactly should there be in climb mode? I understand that it's not a traditional lock out, but there's not any explanation if there should be less movement, or just slower response. I read that there is a blow-off valve in case theres a big hit in climb mode, which leads me to believe that there should be less movement. I've googled and searched everywhere, and some people are saying 1 to 2 inches of movement while in climb mode, while others are saying it's the same movement as the rest, just with much stiffer and slower response.

Does anyone have a definite answer to this? I've adjusted the barrel adjuster on my remote, and I can easily make the Climb mode only have about 2" of travel, or I can make it just feel really stiff, I just need to know how it is intended to operate.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    No one has any input?
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Cable needs adjustment or damper is low on fluid. It should be ridiculously firm. There is no magical travel figure. Its a spring loaded hydraulic valve when fully in climb mode.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    On my genius 740 climb mode is full lock, trail mode is my favorite i feel more traction even for climbing and descend is full 150travel very plush.....

mtbr member
    I think I've settled with what both of you have said.

My fork never fully locks out, but it is extremely stiff in climb mode.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    It won't be a full rigid lockout, but super stiff. Like I said, its a heavily spring loaded valve. Once pressure rises enough to open the valve, the fork will compress. Purely a function of load. The biggest draw back of the evo fork is the lack of a shimmed reb piston, just a simple orifice damper. Major fail on Fox's part, as the fork it replacee (old open bath, "o/b") was a shimmed damper.