Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any Genius 900s or 700s around yet?

18K views 97 replies 18 participants last post by  weaverwins 
#1 ·
I was wondering if these bikes are out yet. I can't wait to see one in my bike shop.
If you have one or one on order, I'de like to here from you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
have a 910 on order. considered going frame only to get it built earlier but decided to wait on it and have the fork that was made for it. hoping magura comes out with a 140 or 130 29er fork eventually.

parts i have waiting to go on it:
king hubs on arch ex rims
renthal fat bar/stem
sram x0 cranks with MRP 28t bling ring (dropping front der/shifter)
xtr rear der/shifter
magura mt8 brakes

could not be more psyched about it. could not be more bummed about having to wait ha.

#3 ·
Yea, If I get one I am going for the frame only and putting a Lefty on it.

I am concerned about the rear end stiffness. I have a friend who has the Spark and his rear end is super flexy as well as the one in the shop. It doesn't look like the Genius' rear end is much different than the Spark's.

It is about the only long travel 29er bike available without the stupid "new school" geometry....this and the Tallboy LT.....but I like the Genius numbers better.

Post up your new ride when it gets here :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Erik, By that I mean short and slack. You know, for the lazy young kids who get dropped off at the top of the climbs (no offense to you youngsters).

Weaver, It was the new Spark 29. Maybe you don't notice it but I do....especially in tight technical terrain where stiffness is key to control.

#10 · (Edited)
Ha, no I'm not assuming anything about you.

It was the top of the line ridden by a pro rider so it was full carbon with 142x12.

I can tell the difference between wheel and frame flex which is why I didn't mention that.

Edit: and I should add that he lost yesterday's race by less than a minute on an awesome course. He may have won with a stiffer chassis. For me it makes a big difference - esp. in the rough sections which this course had it's share.

#11 ·
He may have won with a stiffer chassis. For me it makes a big difference - esp. in the rough sections which this course had it's share.
im sorry but this is kinda comical... as if the rear stays were at fault for his loss... if you can narrow it down to that one variable then you are way better of an analyst then this world has ever seen...

#40 ·
Genius 700/710 Sizing??
5'11" w/ 33" inseam - what does the collective think LG or MD? A local shop has 1 each coming in that are still not sold, ready to plop down a deposit but they don't have any I can swing a leg over. Mostly will be used for Epic XC rides. I'm leaning towards the LG but curious if anyone my size has ridden both sizes and your thoughts
TIA

#47 ·
Also waiting ...

For a Scott Genius 910
Ordered @ LBS October 19, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada

Hurts even more, as my son departed with my Trek EX8 @ Xmas, and my wife's bike (updated with dropper, bash guard and bigger cassette) just got back from LBS!
Forum reading is not a substitute for trail riding!

Kegor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.