Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any Genius 900s or 700s around yet?

18K views 97 replies 18 participants last post by  weaverwins 
#1 ·
I was wondering if these bikes are out yet. I can't wait to see one in my bike shop.
If you have one or one on order, I'de like to here from you.

Attachments

See less See more
#83 ·
Rode some very technical trails in Austin yesterday 4.5mph avg speed type stuff and the genius ate them up. I must say that the more aggro tires really helped make the bike shine.

The twinloc is brilliant and I love it more and more. My sag is set at more than recommended to get full use of rear travel so the bb dips a little in full open mode which I love. It also steepens ha and raises bb in locked out mode so on trail tuning of the bike with the flick if the switch works super well.

So far its excelled everywhere. Even on pavement linking some trails together it feels like a hard tail in locked mode.

#90 ·
I'm sure it will even though I haven't tried one. I've got a 2.3 specialized purgatory in back right now on arch ex rims and its got room. I'll post a pic in a bit.

Interested to see how wide the 2.5 minions are and if that'll fit back there.

#94 ·
I was wondering if these bikes are out yet. I can't wait to see one in my bike shop.
If you have one or one on order, I'de like to here from you.[/QUOTE

Hey Yogi... Pics of my brand new 700 SL running XX1 and full carbon accessories (except the seatpost which is on order)... Current weight is 10.5kg... Just picked it up and so haven't ridden it, will give a ride update soon...

Attachments

#95 ·
If you have one or one on order, I'de like to here from you.[/QUOTE

Hey Yogi... Pics of my brand new 700 SL running XX1 and full carbon accessories (except the seatpost which is on order)... Current weight is 10.5kg... Just picked it up and so haven't ridden it, will give a ride update soon...
sweet setup. looks like a mix between trail and race with the crests and carbon and eggbeaters etc but with nevegals.

no remote lockout on the fork?

#96 ·
sweet setup. looks like a mix between trail and race with the crests and carbon and eggbeaters etc but with nevegals.

no remote lockout on the fork?[/QUOTE]

Yup, going to use it as my race bike as I already have a Genius LT as my trail bike... Went with Nevegals as they are the best tyre for the conditions here in KL, though a little heavy...

Never used the fork lockout on my LT, disconnected the cable shortly after picking it up and just prefer to have the fork fully functioning at all times, so I went with the CTD-Adj on the SL, it gives me more scope for adjustment...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.