Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Im 1,79 m and buying medium. What does your bike weight? And how much does the suspension lockout?

mtbr member

Re: 2013 Scott Genius 910 Review

The shock locks out fully and the fork almost fully. I'm ditching both though. Magura fork installed and cane creek db air cs on the way.
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

mtbr member
    My review of my Genius 900 SL (custom build).

Doesn't give up a whole lot racing to the Spark, although it feels slower. I was 1 min off my best ever time from the Spark on the Genius (70 min race), but felt like I could go another 70 minutes on the Genius, on the Spark, I was cooked....bikes had identical builds except for frame and fork.

Genius 900 SL Custom Review
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Just got a killer deal on a leftover 2013 and am super pumped. It is replacing two bikes: a Trek Rumblefish and a Salsa Spearfish, and will probably beat both at their respective strong points. Like the original poster, it's stablemate is a Carve SL, so between the two, nearly everything should be covered, in style.

Will report back as soon as I get some seat time...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2013 Scott Genius 910 Review

I finally got out this weekend on the new bike. 28.2 lbs without pedals, about 1 heavier than my salsa spearfish and about 1.5 lighter than my rumble fish. My only tweak was lowering the stem on the tube and going from a 80mm to a 110mm.

The bike is very efficient climbing! About the same as my spearfish climbing, although the geometry had me sitting a tad more upright so the front wheel felt a touch lighter on the scott as the climbs got steeper. The twinloc feature is awesome. Smooth and/or steeper climbs I did in the most locked position, which was like being on a short travel hardtail. Bumpier climbs benefitted from being in the middle position. A good section of my ride was in super choppy softball size rocks, and descend mode was great for that. This is my first dropper post, and between that and the 130mm travel in descend mode, going down the back of the mountain was great and I was immediately faster and more comfortable.

I can see this bike fulfilling 99%of what I like to do, and it's Very well sorted out.

The Only other thing I would say is that the nobby nics are not the fastest tire. Great performance in the rougher stuff but I may switch to more of an xc tire in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rumblefish29er; 04-14-2014 at 07:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hey fellow Geniuses, I picked up a 2013 910 a few weeks ago and getting it dialed in. I have a question regarding the fork - I'm not feeling a significant difference between the three modes, anyone else? It's at ~65 psi right now and I'm 175 lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gf293guy View Post
    Hey fellow Geniuses, I picked up a 2013 910 a few weeks ago and getting it dialed in. I have a question regarding the fork - I'm not feeling a significant difference between the three modes, anyone else? It's at ~65 psi right now and I'm 175 lbs.
    i felt like the modes were noticeable but towards the end of me having it i disconnected the cable to it and just dialed it in in the open mode as best i could.

ive since switched both fork and shock so no good info for ya sorry.

AMAZING BIKE ENJOY!
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Quote Originally Posted by gf293guy View Post
    Mine changes noticeably between modes. For 2013 I don't think the full lock is a full lock, there should be some play.

Shop told me it takes about 30 hours to get things fully broken in....

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I'm still tweaking, only had it out a few times, so I'll keep tweaking. I've got the pressure up to 70 now, it felt better. Enjoying the bike so far, just not enough time to ride!
    Would like to hear other's perspective on this...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

I was having a hard time setting up the sag, which is a break-in issue. I would set it to 25% but end up way to soft on the trail. I am just going with the recommendations on the Fox and Scott calculators until things start to loosen up, then I'll fine tune.

For me at 200, fox recommended 90 to 100 psi in the fork, and scott suggests 110-125 on the shock. I am starting with rebound right in the middle front and rear. Seems stiff right now, but again, it's gotta break in a bit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Just an update....
    I have over 500 miles on mine so far and am loving this bike. I did swap out the stock wheels for some stans flow Ex on xt hubs and couldn't happier. Climbs really well and then just hit descend mode, put the dropper down, and descend with complete confidence. This bike is meeting my goal of a all in one bike. There may be better bikes for xc but I was very happy with the 130mm of travel at my recent 100k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2