mtbr member

2013 Scale 29er - sizing question

Hi, i am thinking about switching from 26er Epic size M to a 29er Scale. I am 1,73 m tall (should be around 5'7" or 5'8"). Which size would you recommend? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I would say medium. I'm 5'5" and on a small.

http://dfp2hfrf3mn0u.cloudfront.net/...original_1.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Whatever you ride on a 26 will be the same for a 29er from Scott. Not all 29er follow the same formula, some size you down but not the Scott.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pumaking View Post
    Whatever you ride on a 26 will be the same for a 29er from Scott. Not all 29er follow the same formula, some size you down but not the Scott.
    I disagree in part. I find that whatever size you ride in Scott of the same line stays the same. Thus a 26" scale sizes like a 29" Scale, However this is not the case between lines. Thus if you size well on a Medium 26" Aspect, I wouldn't guarantee that you wouldn't size down for the scale.

At 5'10" I find that I size pretty well on the Scale Mediums, and Aspect Larges. YMMV

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    At 1.73m I'd say medium. I'm 1.78m and ride a large Scale 29er with 90 stem and it's perfect.

mtbr member
    Ive bought a 2013 Scott Scale 920 in a size Medium. Im 174cm tall and the medium feels great with a 80mm stem. I tried it with a 70mm stem but it felt way to twitchy. I do have to shift the seat forward with the lay back seatpost so I think I might try an inline seatpost. At 173cm ide go a medium.

mtbr member
    Sorry, changed my mind from 29 to 26 inch. But thanks.

except change 29er's
    Oct 2005
    I have a Med Scale RC and raced it all year. I am 5' 11" 190lb cat 1. This bike is perfect balance between stiffness and compliance.So for being a cat 1 190lb I have tested this bike to the limits.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm the same height with S-Worker (1.73 m tall, around 5'7" or 5'8") and I'm looking to buy a Scale 950. Someone told me in a shop that I should go with small. Now I'm confused. Should I go with small?....or medium? Thanks.

...by the way, I'm new in this forum.