Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Accident Prone
    I've been riding the Scale Expert for a few weeks now too. The wheel came perfectly centered and I absolutely love the bike as well.
    2012 Scott Scale Expert 29

DaFaJa
    I love it more and more that I ride it..I have zero complaints!
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    May 2011

Rear Wheel

Appears this is not an isolated problem. My rear wheel is closer to the non drive side. Surely this must be the way it should be?..... Does anyone have the answer

Many Thanks

DaFaJa
    LBS took care of it for me...took them less then 5 mins to fix..
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the reply. I have been riding the bike this way since April. I wondering if this has put wear on my drive train. I thought it was supposed to be off set. Trading out the brakes for XTR next week so hopefully my braking will be better..... Love the bike and have just upgraded shifters to XT. I will have bike shop look at wheel when I do brake upgrade.

mtbr member
    My rear wheel has been closer to the non-drive side since i got it almost a year ago and it still bugs me. Apparently itís within spec. Even the front is not centered on the Rebaís. Other than that I like it. But I always feel like everyone sees me as one of those cars you see that have been in a major wreck and drive crocked down the road..lol

lsc
    Nov 2005
    I have a new warranty frame coming in September. Scott was really good about standing behind their product.

DaFaJa
    Quote Originally Posted by lscproducts View Post
    I have a new warranty frame coming in September. Scott was really good about standing behind their product.
    Makes me feel good about buying this bike...
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    How did you go about doing this? I keep getting told itís within spec. After spending $2500 with tax and warranty and then to ride with a neighbor that has a $200 bike thatís perfectly aligned is kind of a sick feelingÖ

mtbr member
    Mine is being warrantied too once the 2013 frames are in stock. My rear was really misaligned and I race w/ the shop manager who has seen me pulled over at races trying to get the rear from rubbing and chewing up my non drive side chainstay. I've send in pictures w/ a tape measure under the wheel showing the misalignment, incl different wheelsets to show it was not the wheels. It was quite a bit of work but they came through! The only way I can ride the bike now is by running a narrow 2.0 rear tire.
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'd like to know if the 2013 frame has any additional clearance or other changes. I'd like to run a 2.25 Ra Ra on the rear. It would be good to see a measurement picture.

lsc
    Nov 2005
    The boat arrives in sep I am told with new frames.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWorx View Post
    How did you go about doing this? I keep getting told itís within spec. After spending $2500 with tax and warranty and then to ride with a neighbor that has a $200 bike thatís perfectly aligned is kind of a sick feelingÖ
    Spec my A$$, You need a (insert acronym not allowed on this forum synonymous with homosexual...).

...or a Frame Alignment Gauge. There is a tolerance to this but you have to decide what is too much for the good money you just spent. I've heard a centimetre is not a huge deal but I wouldn't accept that.

Second check, is the dishing tool. There's no tolerance on a wheel's dish. It must be perfect! Luckily this is easy for any qualified tech to adjust.

Lastly even expensive wheels could have more rubber on one side. I have a $100 schwalbe that has tread that makes the wheel looked warped. Doesn't effect riding at all...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    its not offest, its bent, i had the same thing happen to mine, no crash did it, it just bent. I had to buy a new one at the tune of 150.00 . Check out my post about the frame, it just broke at the bottom of the swing arm , where the others have broke. Im not happy at all with my Scott.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Any updates on this issue?

My 2012 Scale Expert 29er seems to have this problem also. It has about 2.5 mm clearance on the Non drive side chainstay, not rubbing yet, but I'm concerned it will get worse over time.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    My bike shop says no big deal and I have just lived with it. I think they are all the same . Just put on carbon wheels... WOW still love the bike and fit

lsc
    Nov 2005

My frame was replaced by Scott

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha View Post
    My bike shop says no big deal and I have just lived with it. I think they are all the same . Just put on carbon wheels... WOW still love the bike and fit
    Mine was replaced. Scott didn't hesitate once they saw it

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Mine was replaced. Scott didn't hesitate once they saw it
    Was the tire rubbing the frame?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    No rubbing but does not look straight

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Just got off the phone with my LBS owner, he is sending my bike back to Scott, hopefully I will have a new frame soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Did you get a new frame?
    I have the same problem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    How off is it? You really need to check wheel dish first before replacing frames.

My Scale is just slightly off center, but so was my Hardrock. My Scale tracks completely fine though no handed. so meh...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The bike rides fine and I won a lot of races on it but the stockers and a set of Stans Gold Race both are much closer to the left side and I had to re-position the brake line slightly because the tire was hitting it.

I just ignored it till I saw this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2