mtbr member
    Sep 2004

2008/9 scott spark cable routes

Hello picked up a second hand spark from 08/09 having a veritable nightmare with the cable routing to

front derailleur.....no idea and bought new xt conventional dual pull derailleur?
    rear derailleur......seemed to have got it sorted but not using full length cabling using the cable housing under the bb.

please advise before i throw the blessed bike in the lake!

yours hopefully and slighly embarressed at my own ineptitude

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have a 2010 Spark frame, which I believe is the same as the 08/09.

You have the correct front derailleur (dual pull, assuming it is a clamp mount). The cable housing goes from the shifter and ends at the bottom portion of the bottom tube, where the rest is exposed wire. The exposed wiring runs the length of the bottom tube, up past and around the bottom bracket, and up the back side of the seat tube to the front derailleur.

The rear derailleur uses full length cable housing from the shifter, down the top portion of the bottom tube, routed on the drive side of the seat tube (tight fit between the seat tube and the crank), towards the chain stay and eventually to the derailleur. There are tabs that allow you to use zip ties to keep the cable housing nice and tight to the frame.

Hope this helps!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have a 2009 Spark RC. The info Ric3boy has given you is correct.