Bodhisattva

Yes, another Nomad 650/ Push ELEVENSIX Review

I haven't had a need - or desire - to post on MTBR for about six months now. I've been meaning to do a write up on the PUSH Fox 36 treatment - which is amazing in and of itself - but I've been really waiting to get my hands on their ELEVENSIX shock and finally got mine.

Subliminalshiver already provided an excellent detailed review here: PUSH Industries Elevensix: Review

I honestly don't have a whole lot more to add to his review, other to say that my experience basically mirrors his.

To put it concisely, the ELEVENSIX is the single most transformative MTB product I've tried in a very long time. It instantly changed both the uphill and downhill characteristics of my Nomad 650 for the better - and not in subtle ways.

Going uphill, bob is eliminated, pedal strikes are minimized, and traction is optimized while retaining superb bump sensitivity.

But it's the downhill mode that gives the biggest grins. HOLY COW! My Nomad just floats over the chunkiest terrain I could throw at - to the point that I found myself amazed at some of the lines I was taking and how smoothly the bike pulled me through. I have no idea if I ever hit bottom, but can certainly say that I never felt bottom. Hard handling in the corners is also dramatically improved, as the rear end doesn't suck down when braking hard and when accelerating out of the turn.

The tune from PUSH was perfect. I clicked the climb mode dampers once or twice out of the box, but otherwise it was bolt-on and GO!

OK, so I get that the price tag is a bit daunting to some. And I'll never spend other people's money. But, for what it's worth, I have two carbon Santa Cruz bikes with all the bells & whistles - the PUSH tuned 36 forks and shocks, Thomson dropper posts, Enve wheels, blah, blah, blah.

If I had to budget new, I'd DEFINITELY take this shock over a set of carbon wheels any day of the week. Yes, my Enve wheels are stiff and light, but they aren't night & day difference over some nicely hand built wheelsets I own. On the other hand, ELEVENSIX is unlike any shock I've ever ridden and far greatly impacts the ride in every way. I think the initial sticker shock I've read from some on the interweb is just a temporary adjustment to the new school. We all thought the same of price tags on carbon frames, carbon wheels, dropper posts, etc when they all came out. I'll predict the B****in' about ELEVENSIX's price tag will die down quickly as more experienced riders get their hands on it and experience its benefits.

No obligatory photos - y'all know what the shock looks like. I think it's damn-sexy.

My only question at this point is how quickly I can get one for my Tallboy LTc - and the answer is SOON!
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 1 Day Ago at 05:10 AM.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    What was the previous shock on your bike Squeaky?

mtbr member
    Damnit it squeak - I did not want to hear another glowing review of this shock - not sure how much longer I can hold out before ordering one of these.....

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    What was the previous shock on your bike Squeaky?
    Monarch Debonair
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein