Thread: XL Nomads??

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

XL Nomads??

Well been waiting for a few months and every due date I have had has been pushed back 6-8 weeks...Does any place have these in stock?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Not looking good

A good local shop in Santa Cruz said that even they have been waiting for a long time to get the XL Nomad in.

They were told that it would still be a few weeks, so you may not be alone.

I am lost, I'm no guide

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrider
    A good local shop in Santa Cruz said that even they have been waiting for a long time to get the XL Nomad in.

They were told that it would still be a few weeks, so you may not be alone.

I put in an request to be notified when the XL Nomad's started rolling in back in January. I was told "maybe next week, as they are in daily communication w/ SC. The LBS is less than 2 miles from SC. Here we are mid March, and all is quiet. No one knows anything LOL. FWIW, I gave up on my Nomad and am going to ride my Heckler for another season or so.
    There is no food served in Santa Cruz, the rangers just bulldozed it all. - jschwart73

Super Genius gone noMAD
    You mean an XL like this?

Sorry but I had to. Been waiting for mine for almost 6 months.
    Sunny side of the Alps!

All Mt, DH
    I friend of mine gave up waiting for his XL Nomad and just got a Polished Large... Looks quite bling and he seems very pleased so far... for the record he's 6"2 1/2 ....about on the limit for the Large
    2007 Blur 4x
    2009 Driver 8

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Local shop called me up with the update of another 6-8 weeks but told me he could get his hands on a large intense 6.6 which is nearly the same size(slightly shorter top tube, ~1", but seat tube is taller) but I can easily make that up with a slightly longer stem and a setback seat post....

I am a monster 6'6" hopefully this bike will work out for me...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ... Finally got it!!!

Today Nomad finally found it's way to Finland and into my hands. It's ano slate with dhx air. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get my hands off the frame.

hey congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by dalmore
    Today Nomad finally found it's way to Finland and into my hands. It's ano slate with dhx air. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get my hands off the frame.
    ENJOY!!!
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Which shop? I was listesing to ABS and their quest to get an XL.... it may have been yours?

Funny how a local shop couldn't get "dibs" on one...

BLS439
    Mine came in at Family on 41st., but I already picked up a BLT and couldn't be happier. They said 4-5 were in stock or something like that.

Maybe it's still available, I was pretty far down the list.

--BLS439

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phlavorman
    Local shop called me up with the update of another 6-8 weeks but told me he could get his hands on a large intense 6.6 which is nearly the same size(slightly shorter top tube, ~1", but seat tube is taller) but I can easily make that up with a slightly longer stem and a setback seat post....

I'm all most your size 6' 5", how's the intense treating you?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlavorman

an inch is not a slight difference in a top tube length