Thread: X0-1 Builds

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

X0-1 Builds

Has anyone ben able to order a XO-1 bronson, TBLT, or solo yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I contacted SC and they said that X01 build kits will be available in about a week.

However, the SOLOc frames won't be available for 4-6 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    I contacted SC and they said that X01 build kits will be available in about a week.

However, the SOLOc frames won't be available for 4-6 weeks.
    Thanks! That is good to hear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by micgills View Post
    Thanks! That is good to hear.
    I was planning on getting the XO-1 for a new LTC build. The price on SC website looks good compared to the XX-1. I hope it's pretty light like the XX-1. Definitely lighter than going with XT 2x10.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyman View Post
    I was planning on getting the XO-1 for a new LTC build. The price on SC website looks good compared to the XX-1. I hope it's pretty light like the XX-1. Definitely lighter than going with XT 2x10.
    According to the posted weights the X01 kit is 1 lb heavier than the XX1 kit. I would guess most of that weight is in the cranks and handlebars, followed by the brakes and hubs. The cassette and saddle are also a bit heavier but not significant.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    According to the posted weights the X01 kit is 1 lb heavier than the XX1 kit. I would guess most of that weight is in the cranks and handlebars, followed by the brakes and hubs. The cassette and saddle are also a bit heavier but not significant.
    Yeah it would be easy to get to xx1 build weight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah, my original plan was to get the X01 kit and swap out the cranks and handlebars (the Havoc bars are wider than I like anyway) and get some lighter wheels (which I'd do on the XX1 kit as well), and that would get me close to the XX1 kit weight while saving several hundred dollars. But I'm getting a good enough deal on an XX1 kit bike that I decided to just go for it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Yeah, my original plan was to get the X01 kit and swap out the cranks and handlebars (the Havoc bars are wider than I like anyway) and get some lighter wheels (which I'd do on the XX1 kit as well), and that would get me close to the XX1 kit weight while saving several hundred dollars. But I'm getting a good enough deal on an XX1 kit bike that I decided to just go for it.
    Thats sick I definitely would if I could. First upgrade I will do is wheels, LB or I9. unless if I have trouble with the the minimum chainring of 30t then I guess it is wolf tooth and new cranks. ha can not wait

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The stock wheels are not bad, but are heavier than I need (I'm 155 lbs. and not too hard on equipment). I have a TBc and still use the stock Mavic TN719 rims on DT350 hubs for everyday use. They have been solid and trouble-free. I have had some broken spokes, but that was due to getting sticks caught in the rear wheel. I have some ZTR Crest wheels with lighter and faster rolling tires that I use for racing and smoother trails.

I was considering the I9 Torch wheels as well. They cost half of what most carbon rimmed wheels do, are even lighter, have better hub engagement and should be plenty stiff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Yeah I plan on keeping the stock wheels for back ups or bike parks.

I9 Torch wheels have great specs and look awesome and I havent heard anything bad about them. They are a very good possibility.