mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Wondering, anyone with a TB ride a TB2 yet

Just curious if any that has spent a lot of time on a TB has ridden a TB2?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

Warrior's Society
    Currently in the process of swapping my wife over from a Med. Tallboy Al to a S TallboyC.

Looks like it is still gonna be a a few weeks before we get it set up.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Mind me asking how tall she is? My 5'2" wife and I are extremely interested in getting a small Tallboy C or Juliana equivalent for her, but having a lot of trouble finding one to test ride. If you have time too, could you post a pic showing her on the bike in riding position? No worries if that's too much. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My local SC shop built up a medium TB-2[ shop mechanics bike. He rides a TB-1 and after his first ride he felt the TB-2 was deff. stiffer than his TB-1. Second hand info. I did the back wheel flex test and stood on the pedals while trapping the bike and no BB movement, so its early but indications are firmer . I know this is not a complete test but its a indication. Not a test bike and not my size so best I could do for now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitafrank View Post
    My local SC shop built up a medium TB-2[ shop mechanics bike. He rides a TB-1 and after his first ride he felt the TB-2 was deff. stiffer than his TB-1. Second hand info. I did the back wheel flex test and stood on the pedals while trapping the bike and no BB movement, so its early but indications are firmer . I know this is not a complete test but its a indication. Not a test bike and not my size so best I could do for now.
    Mind asking for how he felt the ride was compared to his old bike as far as the suspension performance.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    TwoTone, He thought it was more linear in the rear shock. He did have Rock Shock front and rear, He is very excited, but new bike , so . We both noticed a beefier BB area and thicker strut connecting upper and lower triangle but we didn't have his TB-1 to measure against. I grabbed the seat and pulled/pushed on the rear wheel and very little movement, felt a little firmer than my LTc rear end. Nothing scientific here but some indication.

GMM
    mtbr member
    I rode a TB2 only for about an hour. However, I set a PR on a smoother downhill, but one that had multiple jumps. Have ridden that trail multiple times on my own bike, and had also demo'd the Bronson, LTc, and TR on the same trail (and TB1 prior year). I wasn't trying to set a PR...just having fun. The bike held lines really well, which is what gave my confidence to let off the brakes. I would definitely agree the TB suspension is more linear now. I cleaned one technical climb that I did not on the Bronson or TBLTc and the suspension felt perfect. Now in fairness, since it was my 3rd attempt of the day, I probably would have done better on the other 2 as well since I had a better plan of attack. Nonetheless, I was impressed on my admittedly short test ride. So much so that for me personally, I would by-pass the savings on a close-out TB1 to get the TB2.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by cecald View Post
    Mind me asking how tall she is? My 5'2" wife and I are extremely interested in getting a small Tallboy C or Juliana equivalent for her, but having a lot of trouble finding one to test ride. If you have time too, could you post a pic showing her on the bike in riding position? No worries if that's too much. Thanks!

My wife is 5'3".......5'3.5" on a good day.

We did the medium frame because it was all that was available.

With a 70mm stem and the sway shifted forward, it works....but it is still on the big side. Standover is just about nil.

The small should be better with shorter top tube, seat tube, and standover.

The Small size size chart shows down to 5'0"/5'1".
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.