mtbr member

Wider triangle for Classic Blur

Anyone no the price for a wider rear triangle for my new "03" Blur? My 2.1" Kendas rub on turns. Is that truely problematic or just annoying?

one more time
    Oct 2005
    Hey dogface - just checked your post...

Im running 2.1 nevegal's on my 03 blur classic and have had no problems with frame rub?? Im a heavy bastard at 200lbs without gear so its not a weight issue... Im running them tubeless but i dont imagine that would make much difference to clearance..

The clearance is tight and its clogs a little when it gets really boggy but havent experienced the tires contacting the frame.

Is it happening both sides of the frame??? Maybe get your LBS to check back wheel alignment?

mtbr member
    I'm 210-215lbs running Stan's. I have the rub on the left side only; I will have the guys look at it. I'm not going hurting anything, am I?

one more time
    Oct 2005
    Im not sure but I wouldnt think it would be doing damage - get the guys to check it and take it from there.

Let me know how you go with the rear triange - i considered it a while back as i fitted some chunky WTB tires that were really close to the frame. Decided against it when the monsoon finished and went back to 2.1's!!