Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gticlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,571

    Wide AM Carbon Bar fans: Answer 780

    This looks sweet because you can now get a wider bar in a little more rise (they have a 1" rise version listed!) than the Havoc, which would be nice on my Nomad. Currently running a 25mm spacer under my stem which looks goofy. Could get more rise and run less spacer this way. Me like.

    Answer's New 780 Carbon ProTaper Bars - Sea Otter Classic Pit Bits - Day 2 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

    Edit: looks like it's available in a non red lettered version too. Whew!
    Carbon 780 | Answer Products
    "It looks flexy"

  2. #2
    Armchair Product Manager
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    182
    Damn, I just got some Easton carbon havocs, my fork is chopped, and I'm a bit low.

    But thanks for the tip anyway, Clay.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    677
    I was not aware Answer had a newer carbon bar, thanks for the heads up.

    The Enve bars also have a 25mm rise if thats the main thing youre looking for.

    I run the 30mm rise Easton Havocs, so even though 5mm isnt that much I dont want to go any shorter. Too bad too as Ive been looking for a high quality carbon bar with a 30mm rise. Oh well.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gticlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,571
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10 View Post
    I was not aware Answer had a newer carbon bar, thanks for the heads up.

    The Enve bars also have a 25mm rise if thats the main thing youre looking for.

    I run the 30mm rise Easton Havocs, so even though 5mm isnt that much I dont want to go any shorter. Too bad too as Ive been looking for a high quality carbon bar with a 30mm rise. Oh well.
    You must have the aluminum version? I think the Havoc (carbon) only comes in 20mm rise as that's what I settled for. I'll check the Enve but I'd guess they are $$$.

    Just looked. Enve's are an odd 23mm rise. I'll probably give the Answers a try. I liked the Am bars but wanted 750 width.
    "It looks flexy"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    You must have the aluminum version? I think the Havoc (carbon) only comes in 20mm rise as that's what I settled for. I'll check the Enve but I'd guess they are $$$.

    Just looked. Enve's are an odd 23mm rise. I'll probably give the Answers a try. I liked the Am bars but wanted 750 width.
    Yeah, I run the Al's. Overall I really like them. Yes, the carbons only have a 20mm rise, including their new '35' bars. I dont understand that.

    I suppose its save me money I dont really need to spend to save that 65 grams!

  6. #6
    Viva la Vida!
    Reputation: Camaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    770
    Crankbrothers Iodine carbon bar.
    Weight 178g rise 30mm width 6o back sweep 780mm
    I love mine.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gticlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaleon View Post
    Crankbrothers Iodine carbon bar.
    Weight 178g rise 30mm width 6o back sweep 780mm
    I love mine.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had no idea they made those. Hmmmmmm.
    "It looks flexy"

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaleon View Post
    Crankbrothers Iodine carbon bar.
    Weight 178g rise 30mm width 6o back sweep 780mm
    I love mine.
    Their site lists them at 680mm wide. Way too narrow for me. Also that 6deg backsweep number is a bit off. I ran the BooBar for a while (on my DH bike) which has a 7deg backsweep and it felt a bit off. Going even less would be detrimental for me.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gticlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,571
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10 View Post
    Their site lists them at 680mm wide. Way too narrow for me. Also that 6deg backsweep number is a bit off. I ran the BooBar for a while (on my DH bike) which has a 7deg backsweep and it felt a bit off. Going even less would be detrimental for me.
    They make them in multiple widths 680, 700, 740, and 780:

    Universal Cycles -- Crank Brothers Iodine 11 Carbon Handlebar
    "It looks flexy"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •