b a n n e d

Who's running a 140mm fork on their BlurLT?

I'm dropping to travel on my fork from 150 to 140. I just don't need that much travel. I'm expecting a 0.5* steeper head angle and a marginally lower BB, but how's the handling? A little snappier and sharper?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I'm dropping to travel on my fork from 150 to 140. I just don't need that much travel. I'm expecting a 0.5* steeper head angle and a marginally lower BB, but how's the handling? A little snappier and sharper?
    If too steep, thought about off-set shock mount hardware on one, or both, end(s)?
    When I spoke to that guy who's making and selling them on eBay (proshox), he told me -1* HTA and 9mm BB drop if you do both ends, 1/2 all values if you do one end.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    If too steep, thought about off-set shock mount hardware on one, or both, end(s)?
    When I spoke to that guy who's making and selling them on eBay (proshox), he told me -1* HTA and 9mm BB drop if you do both ends, 1/2 all values if you do one end.
    Do tell . . . what is this "offset shock hardware" you speak of?

mtbr member
    mE (Fox Van 32), not much difference.

I'm in...
    Jan 2011
    I made the switch from 150 to 140, climbs better and it’s much more of a “trail” bike to me. Doesn’t feel much different descending.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by VO2 Lax View Post
    I made the switch from 150 to 140, climbs better and it’s much more of a “trail” bike to me. Doesn’t feel much different descending.
    Sweet. Thats what I'm wanting.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I also dropped to 140mm on my LTc. It feels more balanced to me and, as you said, a bit snappier. I lean towards the XC end of the spectrum, so YMMV.

mtbr member

I was warned to stay away from Burgtec (sp?), and go for the ProShox instead.

offset shock bushings

You'll need to check for interference, and limit your rear shock stroke if necessary. But I think on the BLTc, it's pretty much wide open/no adjustment needed.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Dropped my 36 float to to 140 today and upgraded to the new low friction seals. Test flight Sunday ( doing trail work tomorrow).