mtbr member
    Jan 2004

who chose a Blur XC over another bike & why?

I'm looking at bikes, including the Blur XC and the Racer X. Tooled around on the med. RX this week and while the rear suspension felt nice I think my earlier ride on a large Xc "felt" a little better.

Cookie Monster
    Oct 2005

Blur xc gooooood!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    I'm looking at bikes, including the Blur XC and the Racer X. Tooled around on the med. RX this week and while the rear suspension felt nice I think my earlier ride on a large Xc "felt" a little better.
    I chose a Blur XC last November. I sampled Trek, Gary Fisher and Giant full sus bikes and found the blur xc to be THE RIDE! Crisp acceleration and 4 inches of smooth for the down hills. I allready have over 600 miles on the bike and over 90,000 ft. of climbing. Looking forward to racing it this spring. I Love this bike! GREAT RIDE!

Just my two cents.

Bikeface

banned
    Apr 2004

Here was my list

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    Blur XC
    Intense Spyder
    Epic S-works
    Superlight
    Racer X 80mm

I really wanted the shortest travel XC frame I could get and was leaning towards the Spyder or the Racer X but in the end I cheaped out and got the Superlight with a RP3, out the door for under 950. and haven't looked back, I've got a RLT80 up front and it climbs better than expected but not as good as my light hardtail (SID race up front) but down hill compared to the HT, it's point and shoot.