mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Where to get FOX DHX 5.0 Coil?

Hello,
    Yet another Nomad rider that will give up my DHX Air. As I ride more and more FR/light DH I really need another rear shock.

I live in Sweden and FOX doesn´t have any working distribution over here. Please let me know if you now an affordable and reliable dealer. I have a shipping adress in the Bay Area that I can use.

Also what spring rate is recommended for me at 180lbs?

Thanks!
    Hakan

mtbr member
    You can order from TFTuned in the UK I think. They deal with Scandinavia quite a lot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the Swede
    Hello,
    Yet another Nomad rider that will give up my DHX Air. As I ride more and more FR/light DH I really need another rear shock.

I live in Sweden and FOX doesn´t have any working distribution over here. Please let me know if you now an affordable and reliable dealer. I have a shipping adress in the Bay Area that I can use.

Also what spring rate is recommended for me at 180lbs?

Thanks!
    Hakan

Don't believe the lambastering........ I'm 180lb, I run about 220 in the main chamber, 150 in the small chamber with about 1 line showing on the bottomot resistor thing???

Mine rides as good as a coil???but lighter!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Knolliac
    if you can have it shipped to the bay area, try universalcycles in oregon. at check out enter vip15 into the discount code section and get 15% OFF. great deal, very reliable company.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Ancientwidom: Thanks for the advise, I will contact them!
    biketaviomaximus: Tanks for the encouragement. I think my Fox Air is ok for trail-riding but on rougher lift asssisted slopes I really can't make it work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by biketavioumaximus
    Don't believe the lambastering........ I'm 180lb, I run about 220 in the main chamber, 150 in the small chamber with about 1 line showing on the bottomot resistor thing???

Mine rides as good as a coil???but lighter!
    Many many people have discovered on the Nomad the DHX Air just doesn't work as well as the DHX 5 coil....have you tried one?

OP - SC recommends the 500 lb spring for your mentioned weight (I use the 550 on mine but I weigh 200+ geared up).
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 200lb and DHX Air was fine upto a point , but as soon as you start getting slightly aggresive the mid stoke is gone, coil beats it hands down, pedal stikes with the air 2 or 3 per ride with the coil 2 or 3 per 10 rides, get it Push'd and its even better

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks to a forum member I got hold of a DHX coil instead. Tried it out all weekend and it is such an improvement from the DHX Air.

I´m much more in control in sharp berms and after jump landings.

Can´t really explain why but the stability "sideways" of the bike also feels much better.

I´ll try to sell the Air shock one and if impossble keep it as a back up.