mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Wheelset and Tires in RXC kit

When I look on the SCB site at the Highball with RXC kit, it shows a wheelset with WTB i19 rims, Maxxis UST Crossmarks, and tubes. In order to go to tubeless, is the tape or rim strip included? I assume otherwise you can chuck the tubes, put in sealant, and those tires will play well with those rims?

mtbr member
    Yes and no. My Rxc SL29 came with frequency team i19 wheels and they had the red SC rim tape and included extra tubeless valvestems in the packaging. The Rxc butcher had tape/stems as well, but the Rxc juliana had none. At worst, you wont need the rim strip and the tape is cheap.

If the bike comes equipped with UST tires from santa cruz, the rims should be tubeless ready regardless if it has tubes or not. You may also check into whether maxxis recommends against using sealant with ust. I remember them saying that they would not warranty ust tires with sealant.

FWIW, I gave my folding bead 29er crossmarks to a buddy and he set them up with stans and has been riding them for about 4 mos with no issues.
    SC:12' Butcher (sold)
    SC:12' Superlight 29er (sold)
    SC:12' Juliana (wife's)
    SC:12' TBLT

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    As ATXZJ the I19's are all set to lose the tube.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    All right, sounds good. Thanks.