b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

What's your Heckler size?

Please help me once again to resolve my doubts: I'm going to order an Heckler frame, and I'm not sure about the size, being torn between L and XL. I'm 6' 1" with 35" cm inseam: I think I have quite long legs with respect to my total height, so I guess I should go with an L. Consider I'd like to use a 9-10 cm stem and I'm going to build a do-it-all bike (very long climbs and technical descents).
    What do you suggest? What size is your Heckler?

Thank you,

b3n

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm also 6'1 with a 34-35" inseem, weighing just over 200. A few months ago I was in your exact same situation and was debating between the L and XL heckler. I was able to find an XL heckler to ride and try out, but not a L. The XL frame was great to climb on, but I felt a little too stretched out and not very confident on the DH and technical stuff. I took my chances and bought a large-- best move ever! I can still get the same climbing ability by extending the seatpost a little more, but then the smaller frame allows me to really rip on the DH. I get much better control in the technical stuff with the large frame as compared to the XL, I can whip it around tight switchbacks and maneuver it through technical rock gardens with ease. Go with the large for sure-- unless all you do is climb all day, you'll regret getting an XL.

BTW- I have a 6" sherman on the front with a 100mm stem. I found it was the best setup for my size and riding style.

mtbr member

go large

i,m 6.1 and bought a large,they look quite small, but and its a big but,when you build the frame up with say 130 -150mm forks and all the kit {i,m going for a 100mm stem as well} the bike sits high and feels spot on,an xl would be massive imo

What are you looking at?
    FR= L
    XC= XL

Mine a M for whats it's worth
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

Freeriding Feline

M

I'm 5'7". It's a medium.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    I'm 6' 0'' (32 inch inseam) and ride a large. I think you're right on the cusp between L/XL.
    However your torso is probably shorter than mine so I'd go large. Oh by the way, I run a 70mm stem.

5'10", 32" inseam, large frame with a layback post 65-80mm stem. What's the comparison between top tube length on your current ride vs the Heckler large vs extra large? Why did you already settle on a particular stem length?
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

MRC
    Australien
    Jan 2004
    5'10.5" 32" inseam. Large frame, 70cm stem. 100% happy.

b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thank you guys for the info. You said what I wanted to hear! Ok, it's going to be large!

b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    It seems I opened two threads here... excuse me. As I said in my other post, I think I'm going large!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b3n
    It seems I opened two threads here... excuse me. As I said in my other post, I think I'm going large!
    Wise choice if your going for the "do all" type bike you mentioned. I think the XL would be a little big for your tech descents...

GL... Oh, I'm 5'11" 32" inseam, and ride a Large

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by b3n
    It seems I opened two threads here... excuse me.
    I merged them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    I merged them.
    We have been assimilated.